Best Coral Dip

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
What coral dip do you use? Are there any dips that you haven't had success with? Have you found certain dips to be too harsh on coral?

I am using Bayer insect killer, and have had success with it keeping out pests. I've recently come across ME Corals dip which claims to be the easiest on coral, but at the same time harsh on pests by using a mix of oils. I know that coal rx and coral revive are popular options as well.

Please share your experiences.

Coral RX . As prescribed..
No complaints

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

ive used reef dip by seachem with good success and ive tried the tea tree oil based one i cant remember who makes it but it seemed a little strong so i dont use it anymore. although id probably use it if i knew there were a really hardy pest on a coral that i wanted to get rid of

TLF Revive and Coral Rx are made of the same stuff, but the former is a lot less expensive. I've used TLF Revive, as well as Seachem Reef Dip (not simultaneously). Both do a good job, IMO and don't break the bank.

Before actual coral dip products, I used to dip with a few drops of Lugol's Solution. Reef Dip is a sort of similar derivative of that.

Jenn

don't use coral rx! (if you have acro's)
1. Bayer
2. Revive (so i can see what falls off)

RX doesn't kill red bugs. I let some pieces soak in it for like 30 minutes at prescribed or more concentration and the little buggers kept cruising around the whole time. Ended up losing the corals as i didn't have bayer or revive at the time and didn't have a qt tank.

i've also killed several smooth skinned acros with revive as it's kind of strong, don't dip for more than 10 minutes with revive and smooth skinned acros. Bugs fall off around minute 4, beyond 8 your risking it in my opinion.

my 2 cents, your miledge may vary

This is off subject, But I'm not crazy about smooth skin acros. Reason being, having problems getting them to poylp. Out of all my acros, those are the toughest to make happy

I am surprised at the popularity of Bayer. Who would have thought that a chemical, not "formulated" for the reef hobby would be such a hit.

JBDreefs;1077633 wrote: I am surprised at the popularity of Bayer. Who would have thought that a chemical, not "formulated" for the reef hobby would be such a hit.

I was skeptical of it at first, but after using it on everything from zoas to acros, nothing has died and usually opens up an hour or two after being placed in the tank.

I gotta say that this thread was a good idea especially right before the Coral Show. Bayer is not that hard to come by, but I wonder how many people will be selling coral dip at the expo? Might not be a bad idea.

Sewer Urchin;1077674 wrote: I gotta say that this thread was a good idea especially right before the Coral Show. Bayer is not that hard to come by, but I wonder how many people will be selling coral dip at the expo? Might not be a bad idea.

Bulk Reef Supply might be able to do something like that.

Sewer Urchin;1077674 wrote: I gotta say that this thread was a good idea especially right before the Coral Show. Bayer is not that hard to come by, but I wonder how many people will be selling coral dip at the expo? Might not be a bad idea.

i might be able to help with that. let me see what i can do.

Back