Best Salt Mix?

tsciarini wrote: You guys dont dose Fiji Golden Showers???

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I'm going to say that to a newb at the fish store one day.

<p style="text-align:left;">"You should really look into dosing Fiji Golden Shower" :up:

Ahhahahhahahah

It's a new product available. I can get you bottles wholesale and ship it to you for $10 for 40mL.

Go outside and pee on a rock... you have just given your first golden rock shower.

I hear it is good to help die off with additional ammonia...

Maroons15 wrote: What the hell is Figi golden showers.

I can get it bottled daily to ensure freshness! :lol2:

I'm sorry... weren't we talking about salt???

You better save that stuff... I hear letting it ferment adds effectiveness.

guys don't corrupt the young man with your old pervertidness... Although its nice you can be so open with your fetishes....

;)

oh on salt...

I am just switching from Oceanic (my calc and other things were also through the roof). Hear's an article I found online if your really want to know and it has some real in deapth testing on all the salts and showed that oceanic as well as many others had some serious consistency/toxicity issues.

IO and TM are the best 2 in the test as far as closeness to sea water though none of them were what they claimed they all lacked in proper concentrations of minerals in relation to SW as well as other things. Also it showed that all of the brands lie about there quantity and showed they all mixed at about 8 gallons less than there labels claimed on a 50gal box. Basically to get 50 gal you'd have to mix at 1.012 SG.

Anyhow heres the article http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/11/aafeature1">http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/11/aafeature1</a>

Conclusive evidence that its not illegal to lie on a label... hehe

/donny

Reef Crystals for me... I used to use regular IO but my tank is pretty coral heavy... seems to work well.

I didn't realize there was more than one brand of "MarineMix." The one I bought is the hw MarineMix Professional. Is that different from the Bio-Sea MarineMix and the Crystal Sea MarineMix? If not, I guess it's not covered by the study, huh?

Thanks,
Brad

Is Reef Crystals really better than regular IO? I've thought about trying it for my tank, which basically just has softies and a couple of LPS. Would it make that much of a difference?

Ms. K wrote: Is Reef Crystals really better than regular IO? I've thought about trying it for my tank, which basically just has softies and a couple of LPS. Would it make that much of a difference?

The main difference is higher Ca+ levels. Personally I would test your Ca+ every other day between waterchanges and base it on that. If youre not losing alot of Ca+... no real need to up the price of your current methods IMO.

Back