Bleached Monti Caps

haninja

Lifetime
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">All my caps have bleached almost overnight and all my Milli tips have darkened. What can cause such a reaction? Only change I made yesterday was adding a couple of fish to my tanks.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">The only suspicion I have is that some of the water the fish came with where mixed into the tank, but at total 150g volume, I doubt that would make such an impact.</span>

Check ph, Alk, trates? something die like a fish or inverts? temp ok?

<span style="color: black;">Bleached, not RTN. Well, not entirely bleached, they still have a hint of their true color. </span>

Sucks Hanin - I recently had some corals go white on me as well but it's probably from my lack of enough water changes. :(

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">The first thing I did was check my parms. All looks normal. No temp swings. I even stuck my hand inside the tank to make sure there’s nothing leaking electricity (which I don’t recommend anybody reading this thread to do :confused2: ). This one really got me baffled. I did a water change today and will do another one tomorrow.</span>

haninja;191256 wrote: <span style="font-family: Verdana;"> Only change I made yesterday was adding a couple of fish to my tanks.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">The only suspicion I have is that some of the water the fish came with where mixed into the tank, </span>

I know this might be a long shot but, you think the "fishwater could have had medications or copper in it?

jade76;191347 wrote: I know this might be a long shot but, you think the "fishwater could have had medications or copper in it?

<span style="color: black;">I was wondering the same thing myself…</span>

Back