Blue life SPS bulbs

mikesommers

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used these Bluelife SPS bulbs. I'm looking at the 14k. I am limited due to my type of ballast or I would run Radiums. Just wondering of these are any better than XM bulbs! Thank you in advanced.

ps_ViewItem.aspx

justindville1987;513813 wrote: ???? never heard for them.

Cap bay used them in all there fixtures. The 20K bulbs are very blue. Wondering how the 14k bulbs look.

Thanks though

I'm using a 14K blue life now.....it's a pretty bright white.....no yellow so may wanna add some actinic T5s or PCs.....I have some horrific pics on my tank thread at the bottom
of my signature.....but that is with my T5 fixture running 2 460s and a 420 actinics....Getting pretty good growth out of my SPS

Fish Scales2;513824 wrote: Not fond at all. Go Ushio or Phoenix

rolo65;513869 wrote: I'm using a 14K blue life now.....it's a pretty bright white.....no yellow so may wanna add some actinic T5s or PCs.....I have some horrific pics on my tank thread at the bottom
of my signature.....but that is with my T5 fixture running 2 460s and a 420 actinics....Getting pretty good growth out of my SPS

I cant use Pheonix, Ushio, or Radium due to the ballasts I have. Dont have money right now to replace all my lighting equipment. So I have to stick with what I have. I was just looking for opinions on the bulbs I am able to use. I would run Radium if my ballast would start them.

This is what I have found for self start/Probe start bulbs:
XM - I have used these for about 3 years
CoralVue - Dont know anything about these.
Blue Life - Only know what I have read here and seen at Cap. Bay.

I do have actinics for supplement.

Thanks,
Mike

Ok i found specs on Ushio bulbs. There 250 will run on a m58 ballast as also is a probe start! So that being said do I go 10k or 14k?? I have never seen these bulbs in use. I would like to get good par along with good color. I just dont want to end up with a yellow or snow white pair of bulbs. Also how are they on quality? Do they have any issues with bulbs not matching?

This is what I have found for self start/Probe start bulbs:
Ushio - Don't know anything about these.
XM - I have used these for about 3 years
CoralVue - Dont know anything about these.
Blue Life - Only know what I have read here and seen at Cap. Bay.

Thanks to all for your help and opinions.

mysterybox;514545 wrote: Ushio14k would be great.

Also, check EVC!

here is a chart:
http://www.aquarium-lighting-guide.com/metal-halide-ansi">http://www.aquarium-lighting-guide.com/metal-halide-ansi</a>[/QUOTE]

Found a great deal on Ushio 14k!!! Just got to get the [B]<u>approval</u>[/B]!

As far as 10K or 14K, I'd say 14K... for the simple reason that I have the 20K Ushios on my tank and they are not as blue as I expected... the 20Ks probably about as blue as a Phoenix 14K (this is on EVC electronic ballasts, 250w).

cr500_af;514600 wrote: As far as 10K or 14K, I'd say 14K... for the simple reason that I have the 20K Ushios on my tank and they are not as blue as I expected... the 20Ks probably about as blue as a Phoenix 14K (this is on EVC electronic ballasts, 250w).

I have had a Phoenix 14k before and it needed actinics for sure. So it sounds like a 14k ushio is going to be white for sure. Should I go with the 20k or will this end up to blue and stunt growth? This makes my brain hurt!

mikesommers;514617 wrote: I have had a Phoenix 14k before and it needed actinics for sure. So it sounds like a 14k ushio is going to be white for sure. Should I go with the 20k or will this end up to blue and stunt growth? This makes my brain hurt!

I could fire my halides back up and shoot you a pic with the actinics turned off if it would help.

DSC_0273.jpg
alt="" />

It looks bluer in this photo than it does to the eye. Please ignor the dirty glass! For comparison, the frag tank in the edge of the photo is running right this minute on 2 T5 actinics... whites have already turned off.

Back