blue linka

stevot123

Market
Reaction score
My Blue linka starfish is looking limp. I have had him in my tank for about one month. He never was exposed to air. However, recently he has been hanging out at the top of my tank. If he exposes himself to air is that bad? I have a 55 gallon with about 75 lbs of rock for him to graze on. Any idea about what could be wrong . . . all my water speqs are fine.

Thx,
Steven

IMO that's not enough of a surface area to maintain a linkia for long term.. From time to time stars will climb to the top of the tank and be a tad out of the water.. It happens.. I wouldn't worry about that.

What is the minimun tank/rock is necessary. I tried to do some research before I purchased the star. Saltwaterfish said that their minimum was only 25 gal. Let me know what has to happen cause I would not like him to kick the bucket.

The linkia/air thing is a myth, I believe. It was in a reefkeeping article.

Linkias are just hard to keep long term.

You have to pay now?!?! I havebt been there in a while..

Shoot ophira(sp?) A pm.. She is a starfish expert.. She would be able to tell you more info than I have

Is that a faux pas? I don't want to offend anyone on the forum because I appreciate the help that I have gotten. I would appreciate furture help as well so if I need to join I will. I was just under the impression that I did not have to join to post and ask questions on the forum.

This forum you can use for free.

I think he was referring to SWF.com or something.

Derek_S;277094 wrote: This forum you can use for free.

I think he was referring to SWF.com or something.
Yup...
I was asking if you had to pay to use SWF...Not here...I wouldnt tell anyone they had to join to ask questions or get help...Sorry for the confusion

LOL . . . I guess I just misread. I haven't tried to join SWF, don't know about paying. I was just looking at their website to purchase because they give info. I tried looking up the user ophira and could not find her under the list all users option. Any idea of another spelling . . . I even searched all of the O s and couldn't find her

Thx

Check out
a> aswell... Lots of infor there

Back