BRS 150 GPD RO Upgrade Kit

I got the shipment from BRS today. I changed out my 100 GPD RO membrane and flow restrictor for a 75, then added the second 75 membrane and all I can say is WOW!

The increase in production is unbelievable, and so is the reduction in the waste water flow. The amount of waste water was always a guilt producer about operating an RO Unit. My Aquatec 8800 booster pump pressure went up about 10 psi when I first activated the unit, so I had to adjust that down to 84 psi, where it was before.

The 75 GPD RO membranes are Dow Filmtec with a 98% ejection rate. Installing everything was not hard, just pay attention and know what is a product water line and what is a waste line, etc. The installation videos on the BRS website are very helpful.

All in all, I think this is a great buy and totally worth it, particulary the water savings.

I just did a production test on it. I ran the unit for exactly 1 hour, and it made 11 gallons of RODI. I couldn't believe it, so I double checked my tube routing against the BRS video instructions, and it is correct. My dual in-line TDS meter is reading 0 TDS on the product water. That is more than double the output of the previous 100GPD membrane.

I can only guess that my old membrane had clogged up over the last 3+ years and production had slowed. Before the changeout to the twin 75 GPD membranes I was making about 4 gallons an hour.

I also replaced the sediment prefilter, two carbon filters, and the DI resin last week, so the innards of the new system are all new. At this production rate, I will be able to run my unit less than half as much as I did before. I am more than happy.

Back