Buying fish online...?

I agree with the rest i wouldn't buy fish online. I like to see what im buying and if its healthy before i purchase it...

I specifically use liveaquaria. The 14 day guarantee works like this. If your fish dies within 14 days all you have to do is call them up and they will give you a store credit. On the rare occasion that they want a photo, is because the fish was very expensive, most likely over 100 bucks or so. They are awesome to work with and I've never had an issue. As far as the other online retailers, I wouldn't know because I've had such good luck with liveaquaria. To purchase a fish that you want to see you before you buy, go to their divers den section and that is the actual fish that you will be receiving. For the most part, every fish I have received from them has been eating and healthy. On the rare occasion I will have to ask for a store credit or refund. But other than that you can't go wrong with buying fish from live aquaria.

Well I see the biggest problem with online ordering is AVAILABILITY; ugh. Not one of the sites has all the fish I want in stock or at the right size/price. LA needs to change how they show their initial page for fish. It will show a fish and say "Starting At $59.99" then you have to open the next page to see all those are forever out of stock but they have one at $200! Geeze...

Fish at LA are usually frequently available. Not "forever" out of stock. If they are out of stock of a particular fish you like, you can sign up for e-mail notifications. They're pretty good at keeping a nice selection of fish readily available. Check the site after 5 pm everyday. Thats when they update their selection.

Back