Ca, Mg, and KH

tshives26

Market
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out my levels as I haven't seen any growth. I'm still new to testing this and adjusting it. If this matters, I have a 55 gallon with about 15g of water in the sump. Right now my levels are as follows..

Ca - 370 ppm
KH - 2.9 Meq/L or 8.1 dKH
Mg - 1600

Do these sound right? If not, what should they be and how should I raise/lower them.

I have reef fusion 1&2 (calcium and alkalinity) and ions magnesium builder.

It sounds ok buddy. I personally like to keep my cal at about 440. Brs has a calculator for this

Ca is low but so many other variables.
What are you trying to grow?
What lighting do you have?
Flow?

T5 lighting with good flow. a power head on each side of the tank. No clue why mag is so high, I have never dosed it before. And it's a mixed reef with mostly lps and zoas, some sps

What test kits are you using? If PO4 or NO3 is high it won't matter what your other numbers are either. It will inhibit the ability for the corals to build their skeletons.

I've never tested for PO4 and NO3 before. I haven't seen any growth in about two months so I'm sure something is not right. Just not sure where to go to fix it.

The quality/quantity of information contained in your question will dictate the quality/quantity of the answers you get to it.
Do a 25% WC weekly, say 6 hail mary's, and don't step on any cracks while walking on sidewalks. That should do it.

tshives26;966046 wrote: I've never tested for PO4 and NO3 before. I haven't seen any growth in about two months so I'm sure something is not right. Just not sure where to go to fix it.
Take a sample of your tank water to your LFS or a reef keeper you respect to have your parameters checked.
Post on here the results and the advice you get.

Back