Calling all you med chemists

DiefsReef

Supporting
Reaction score
Starting the QT process and really want to medicate. I have seeded the QT with BioSpira and bio media from cycled container of rock and media.
After 2 days the water is slightly (very slightly cloudy) which bothers me but 0 ammonia.
I want to run Cupramine and either Prazi or Metroplex or all 3. I don't know which is most important to start first. My though process is Cupramine takes the longest 14 days per directions on bottle where everything else tells me 30 day treatment with copper. I don't see any visible signs of parasites but my wife said she saw what she thinks was stringy white poo after feeding last night from one fish. I have not seen to confirm. I feel Metro and Prazi and Metro should be used first then water change and copper.
What do you think I should follow??

Any help/thoughts greatly appreciated!!
Already feel like their my kids:)
20210301_140743.jpg

heres how i do mine i run copper power for 30 days along side 10 days of metro plex then i hit them with 2 rounds of prazi 7 days apart

i use copper power because its easier on most copper sensitive fish and i can use seachem prime with it if ammonia ever gets to be a problem

I've verified Cupramine should be fine to use 3with the clowns and the Dotty back with no issue so not worried about copper type

I was discussing this with a friend the other day with starting with copper off the bat and the more i do it, the less i want to do it. I only started doing it this was cause of a recent velvet wipeout got me paranoid. I feel like I’m doing more damage than good.

In my opinion, I would only treat symptoms from now on. Especially copper, its toxic, just tolerated by the fish.

If you see no scratching or white dots, sit back and observe for 30 days.

White stringy poop? Get metro and focus to soak in their food then feed for 10 days. Or dose general cure and follow the instructions regarding repeat dose, and water change w/carbon.

In my experience, clowns are very hardy with heavy slime coating. They are more prone to brook than anything so if I were to do any treatment at the start, it would be metro in the food or general cure in the water column.

I was discussing this with a friend the other day with starting with copper off the bat and the more i do it, the less i want to do it. I only started doing it this was cause of a recent velvet wipeout got me paranoid. I feel like I’m doing more damage than good.

In my opinion, I would only treat symptoms from now on. Especially copper, its toxic, just tolerated by the fish.

If you see no scratching or white dots, sit back and observe for 30 days.

White stringy poop? Get metro and focus to soak in their food then feed for 10 days. Or dose general cure and follow the instructions regarding repeat dose, and water change w/carbon.

In my experience, clowns are very hardy with heavy slime coating. They are more prone to brook than anything so if I were to do any treatment at the start, it would be metro in the food or general cure in the water column.
Thx @civics14 for the input!

I agree, for clowns especially, I would quarantine for observation, but without medication. If anything, I would do Prazi only as it is pretty weak (little stress) and will kill any internal worm parasites that you can’t see.

Also, Copper will likely kill much of the bacteria you just added. Lol.

also, beautiful clowns!

I agree, for clowns especially, I would quarantine for observation, but without medication. If anything, I would do Prazi only as it is pretty weak (little stress) and will kill any internal worm parasites that you can’t see.

also, beautiful clowns!
Thx!

also, beautiful clowns!
I did not know copper would kill the bacteria :(

Absolutely, copper is historically the most common disinfectant. Copper pipes. Throwing pennies in fountains in ancient cities. Etc...

Nowadays, we use chlorine more than anything, but it used to be copper. It’s highly toxic. That’s why it works so well on invertebrate parasites, microbes, and diseases. Only more complex organisms such as fish and humans can tolerate it in certain concentrations, generally speaking.

Back