Can you please post pics of your Water storage

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
Putting together mine now using 2 55 Gallon pickle containers. Trying to get ideas, lessons learned, etc. I am leaning toward letting gravity feed the fresh rodi to the salt container by building a stand. Then simply using a submersible pump to mix saltwater. I have seen nicer ones with large external pumps, but I think most people have these for pumping water into their ATO and/or sumps. This will not be practical in my case due to location of garage and tank. I am just glad I wont be lugging water containers back and forth from the store any longer.

TIA.

Here's a pic of mine.
That was taken before it was completed but I think you get the idea.

The top is a 30 gallon of RODI water.
It dumps into the 30 gallon tank below. In that tank there is a circulation pump and a heater.
That's the tank that holds my saltwater.

I'll try and get a better pic of the completed set up later if I can.

picture.php

From left to right, salt, rodi, ro. I need the ro for brewing beer.

Instead of moving water from rodi to salt, I just have a splitter on my rodi filter output, which fills both salt and rodi at the same time, with valves and float valves on each barrel. This way I can manually choose which ones fill, and let them fill up to the float valve without watching
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1039749=62407-image.jpg
>
1039749=62407-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

walterp1982;1039749 wrote: From left to right, salt, rodi, ro. I need the ro for brewing beer.

Instead of moving water from rodi to salt, I just have a splitter on my rodi filter output, which fills both salt and rodi at the same time, with valves and float valves on each barrel. This way I can manually choose which ones fill, and let them fill up to the float valve without watching

Yeah. That is a great idea. So your if your fresh is full, the float valve will engage and close thereby only sending water to salt side? That is really smart.

Exactly, or if I just want one filled, I have regular valves to shut off any barrel manually. Thanks!

The same with mine. I've got float valves in both the fresh and salt containers.
I can fill either from the RODI. I put the floats in the containers because I know I'll walk off and forget that the RODI is on...Water everywhere would be a real pisser.

Normally, I keep the fresh filled and when I'm ready to mix saltwater, I open the valve and dump the amount of fresh that I need into the saltwater container.

It's been in operation for a year. No problems what-so-ever.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=373&pictureid=2931" alt="" />

It's also on locking casters so that I can roll the whole thing outside as one piece when it's time to clean them.

Y-Not;1039930 wrote: It's also on locking casters so that I can roll the whole thing outside as one piece when it's time to clean them.

Smart man!

I used brute trash cans w/ a panworld pump for mixing ... directly plumbed to sump for transfer too. Sump also has direct plumbing to sink drain. Flip of a ball valve to drain. Flip of a ball valve to fill.

IMG_0085_zps9854503a.jpg
alt="" />

Back