Canopy Cooling Fans

Skriz;396233 wrote: I had that on mine. It didn't work at all. You need a very good inline fan for this to work as most are designed to push, not pull.

An exhaust fan is what I used which are higher speed usually but not always. The cfm of air moved is the difference. The same amount of air exits the fan as what entered the fan. All fans are designed to push and pull

image.html
alt="" /></a>

This is the type to use in the application I did

Well I checked out Fry's Electronics today. First, they no longer carry any 110vac cooling fans. Second, in all of their 12vdc versions, the db levels were outragious! The lowest fan I could find was 11 db and it wasn't really moving any air. Most of the ones that moved a respectable volume, the noise level was between 28 and 32 db. I've got factory equipment that runs close to that! On top of the price of the fan, now you'd need a converter to get 110 vac to 12 vdc. I guess I'm off to visit the world wide web!

AugustaSalty;401589 wrote: how do you power PC fans when installing them in a hood? is there any way to have multiple fans plugged in to one outlet?

If you are electrically savvy, the easiest way may be to 'splice' the cords together in parallel, then you (typically) have one plug or connection to make.

Also FYI- Fans, generally, draw too little current to worry about overloading issues.

If you are not comfortable doing the wiring modification, maybe someone on here near where you live will offer their services (barter for a frag? ;).

If they have standard PC power plugs, then you could use this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198025">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198025</a>

Then all you'll have to do is feed power to the one connector.

I am actually using a cooling fan harvested from an LG Plasma TV that kicked the bucket - its about 12-14" in length and almost looks like a long paddlewheel. they can be found on partstore.com for $30 ish

+1 for Yate Loons, Use them in my computer water-cooling loops for quiet service. They also move a lot of air compared to the competition.

CJ

I am looking for an exhaust fan pulling in the range of 400-700cfm that doesn't break the bank and preferably horizontal discharge at 4"....
Any ideas what to get?

gnashty;440387 wrote: I am actually using a cooling fan harvested from an LG Plasma TV that kicked the bucket - its about 12-14" in length and almost looks like a long paddlewheel. they can be found on partstore.com for $30 ish

What brand was your TV...tried searching on that site for "fans/heatsinks" but basically you have to go by brand.....sounds like a pretty cool over sump option.

Back