CJ's 50 cube build

So fedex broke the sump and sent it back to California. I have to wait for it to get to the warehouse to confirm that it’s broken (again). SCA won’t send another until this happens even though it was shipped from Cali to GA marked as damaged and sent back to Cali. I just want to get this thing all settled and get some more updates posted. Has anyone else had problems like this with SCA?

Radion xr15 pro gen 4 w diffuser just came in. Now I need the hanging mount. Purposely didn’t order it to force myself to go slow. Still waiting on this sump. I’m thinking about calling AMEX, canceling the order and picking one up locally, sick of dealing with SCA. If a new one isn’t transit by Monday night that will be the route I take. I still can’t believe they are questioning me on the first one that I sent pics of and the second one that was marked damaged by fedex and never even came to my house! They are sending glass boxes from Cali to ATL that hit 4-7 trucks with 1” styrofoam padding...

Mount should be here on Tuesday as well as a mount for the power-plug-in-thingy (technical term) for the radion. 3rd sump shipped today after sending a pleasantly direct email. Can't wait to know the dimensions I am working with while finishing the plumbing and electrical. Still trying to wrap my head around the electrical aspect. I know I will get a controller but for the interim i need to chill on the spending. Has not happened yet but I feel like my finance is about to start giving the the stink eye. I digress, dont know if I should put temp mounts to power supplies, figure out a way to install the DJ switch or have things a little messy and wrestle with doing it correctly after I make my stand real tight with the sump installed. I'm 6'1, 215lbs so not going to fit into a tight space but can do it... fiance is a munchkin so i could put her to work but dont feel too good about putting power tools in her hands. Thoughts?

Got some coral. No light or filtration... lol. Mount for the radion should be here in two days and I have the radion on the back corner (not pictured)

Tussvvg2ujc0zqz4j7m6n2vptk2j97gcs.jpg
alt="BD16D8AB-413A-417C-AF78-9C0B2A2A68E4" />
Ttaz89xwmy6r26npl82yen13nm8vz021k.jpg
alt="98633580-D22C-498E-A176-C0C279A818E0" />
T11i8gwzdm5d61tsx6jy6ac66fsbkqhoh.jpg
alt="35D61D1E-EE6D-41BA-8245-5BAE880B3CB2" />

Light is mounted! Starting to look a little less like a science project!

Tt1msny9o7tx7pwnsdypkeg1tv98z4zro.jpg
alt="MVIMG_20180717_190707" />

I think I'm off to a bad start. It's too quiet and too much algae maintenance and scarcasm.

Tyvsevefucscbb4fmvrdzr0yqvyp3gnc4.jpg
alt="MVIMG_20180726_234107" />
Tmt5fqpeanb7jzv3sp9ttt8hke3gfcrap.jpg
alt="MVIMG_20180726_234130" />

Had an oh crap moment today. Came home for water on the floor. My return dissconnected from the pump and pumped about 7 gallons of water on the tile floor. Reconnected and tightened some things up. I'll chalk it up to a messy waterchange. Everything is fine and no hardware damaged

Welcome back. Glad your mishap didn't turn out worse! It's happens to us all at one time or another.

Thanks guys, nice learning experience. Not as good as I once was with the plumbing... or maybe overconfident and knocking the salt creep off. Really happy to see all of the new equipment advances, need some advice to help me get out of the old school ways. I think an LED built by a brand and a gyre were steps in the right direction. Also going slower than I ever have seems to work. For once, I’m taking my own advice I used to give customers as a manager of an LFS in Athens

So I had ordered a lot of nice acros and of course I have to go to the ICU for a week when things were really taking off. Also, the circuit breaker to my fish room flipped for a few days (or hours) before I could get someone to wire extension cords from different rooms. Needless to say I lost most of the acros but softies and LPS pulled through and are looking good. I am now out of the ICU (healthy) and the tank is now back to normal after a few frequent water changes, some testing and cleaning up. My first coral order since the crash two weeks ago came in yesterday here are some pics. I have about 10 pieces of SPS coming on January 7th, some real nice stuff, cant wait to see it. Here are some of the new corals (and some ones that survived the crash:

122818 Acan Colony.jpeg122818 Agent Orange Acan Enchinata.jpeg122818 Alien Tears Brain.jpeg122818 Fruit Loop Zoa.jpeg122818 Lavender White Polyp Acropora.jpeg122818 Orange Fanta Aussie Acan.jpeg122818 Peppermint Acan.jpeg122818 Tri Color Blood Favites.jpegGreen and Lavend.jpegRed and Purple Aussie Acan.jpeg

OK guys, its been a while... got a lot of plans and stuff ordered. Will start updating soon. Redid my office where my tank is. I think its looking pretty good. My frag racks are full with SPS from BoomCorals, Coral Collectors and Shac. I need to program my dosing pump and begin mounting some of these Acros. I will be sure to add some more pics soon
IMG_1674.jpegFullSizeRender.jpegIMG_1776.jpegIMG_1782.jpeg

Back