Clarkii Clown... sick? stressed? or just sulking?

linda you said that the other fish is new too the tank i might be wrond so if that fish was a female too it could be that they got into a fight and with clownsthey will lock jaws together until one dies ...maybe this time the clarkii was fortunate.i hope that wasnt the case but it could be something to look into

Did you quarantine the new fish? Have you added anything else (other fish, corals, etc.)? How did you add the new fish?Coloration in many fish can change depending on attitude, body conditions, health, etc. The dark spots are not necessarily anything in particular that you can point out as a symptom.

I understand it can be very upsetting, but you need to understand it is extraordinarily difficult to diagnose illness on a verbal account. While I dont feel you were necessarily trying to do so, I dont feel you can blame the club and its members for not coming up with a solution.

As for my opinion, I cannot say definitively, as I have not seen the fish, now or before. The symptoms of lethargy, listlessness, and poor appetite sound to me to be leaning towards brook. I would just give it good clean water and try to keep feeding it. It sounds as if this fish is very weakened already, so treatments for some unknown pathogen can easily do it in. If you can see no other symptoms aside from dark spots, I would just try to provide optimum conditions.

I just saw you said white tufts on the body? That is likely brook. Freshwater dip for now, and if strength comes back, you'll want to formalin dip. It likely came in on the other clown.

Some videos.

As for the white stuff, just one .. looks like it's dangling beside her right fin.. wonder if this is a parasite.

Trying to catch her to isolate her in a hospital tank, but haven't been successful. Maybe once the lights go down and she gets back into the anemone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WetGG562CFM">As the MH's were coming on.</a>

^^^^^^^^^ There was a bit of food floating around her and it looked like she was showing interest, but wouldn't/couldn't eat.

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAPZjDrc-fc">MH's fully on</a>.

Not very clear... was only using a Kodak Easy Share camera. :(

Back