Closest Ocean? Tired of making WATER!

The amount of times I have been to Nassau I haven't seen a single LFS.

BTW Canesfins...my hubby is from Nassau. I miss the islands. What size tank do you have??? What kind of livestock?

Darren24;305266 wrote: OMGosh I am tired of making water. After 2 days the new 150 is only half full. :(

If you give up, just lmk, I'll come pickup the tank and spare you the torture :yes:. lol

mojo;305379 wrote: Booster pump is about your only real solution. You'd be amazed at how much more your RO filter can produce when running at 80+ psi.

+1M

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/booster_pumps.htm">http://www.thefilterguys.biz/booster_pumps.htm</a>

Saves so much time and effort.

ares;335175 wrote: if he were turning around and selling it, or if we all did it...
but he isnt selling anything, and we cant all do it. so I think the oceans are safe from him atleast.

I disagree 1 million percent. Making exceptions like this proliferates illegal acts. Should every person who wants an aquarium in Florida, or anywhere in the Caribbean, for personal use, be able to go out and extricate reef rock and corals?

jmaneyapanda;335184 wrote: I disagree 1 million percent. Making exceptions like this proliferates illegal acts. Should every person who wants an aquarium in Florida, or anywhere in the Caribbean, for personal use, be able to go out and extricate reef rock and corals?

I don't see the difference between that and what we do. yes these divers pay to be able to fish and follow rules. but many of the fish in the hobby are not collected by "healthy" for the ecosystem ways anyhow. At least he would be catching his own fish rather than encouraging over fishing of reefs in areas where there are no rules, or encouraging cyanide use by unknowingly buying from that someone who buys from someone who buys from someone using this method. He is also not encouraging puppy-mill like operations that likely kill more fish than they can sell. Or paying freight charges that are included with all the fish we buy.

Have you ever gone over the speed limit? It is there to protect us and others for our security and overall safety. You may feel that this is totally a different issue, which is your opinion, but what I am trying to say is that some rules are gray in that they are there to help prevent serious problems (mass profiteering fishing or going 55mph over the limit) but the little guy (running a 55g mini reef or the guy only going 10mph over on i-75 that we all pass) will likely be overseen and really are not why the rules are in place anyhow.

Just my mildly uneducated on the topic opinion that I am sure is boot-leg at best :D.

Back