Clown fish took a dive

Eric_n_Ga

Reaction score
After 2yrs + in a tank with no lid I finally put one on. A month later weezy my female homeless clownfish decided she was a flying fish. Sad day .

So with this my question is when looking for a replacement do I go bigger or smaller then George , currently my only clownfish. He's only about 1.25" in size. Also he's a black and white Ocellaris, as long as I stay with the Ocellaris does color mater ? He's pretty chill with all the fish and me .

Other tank mates are a small tomini tang , yellow corris wrasse , couple goby's all smaller fish.

So...I'm no expert by a million miles but from my understanding:
1. Color won't matter as long as they are the same species
2. If you buy one smaller than George, he will likely become Georgette. If you buy one bigger, he'll stay George. And if you get one the same size, they will fight and bicker until one of them gets bigger and becomes the dominant female.

Obviously, I could be completely wrong

2. If you buy one smaller than George, he will likely become Georgette. If you buy one bigger, he'll stay George. And if you get one the same size, they will fight and bicker until one of them gets bigger and becomes the dominant female.

no thats about right

Yup I agree

If I was in that situation I would get a large female to hopefully decrease the odds of aggression. If you go smaller or same size there’s usually more aggression.

This made me lol. I think (but what do I know) that you’re correct but just like I do you are giving the disclaimer of potentially being wrong. I felt like I was reading one of my own posts!

This made me lol. I think (but what do I know) that you’re correct but just like I do you are giving the disclaimer of potentially being wrong. I felt like I was reading one of my own posts!
Thats the thing with this hobby and almost every other hobby - nothings works 100% of the time for everyone.
Some things work when they shouldn't and vice versa. Its the beauty of life I guess and likely the reason I have no hair, lol

Back