Clown Jumped

smoothie

Market
Reaction score
Is it that time of the year or something I don't know about? For the past month I have noticed on here and rc clowns are jumping from tanks. I guess my large female was reading over my shoulder and decided to be cool like everyone else and make the plunge. I had the pair for 3 years and wouldn't have traded them for anything. Laid eggs on a regular basis. Now I have to find a match. Any advice/ should I go for one the same size as the little male or go for a bigger one and let them sex out themselves?
This sucks worse than last year when my heater stuck and fried my coral and inverts. Clowns and powder blue even made it through that

My large female Black & White jumped a couple of weeks ago. You are right, it does seem like a lot of clowns are taking the giant leap.

Sorry to hear that. I have a pair that is just starting to sex themselves out. I love them. Good luck in pairing another one.

Bummer! sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with Barb, I would try and find a small one and let the current male become dominant. It may take longer but there are pros and cons to both ... I would hate to see my current fish beat up by a new female if they do not pair up right away, but that's just me!

bob

Will read up some more and probably go pick out a small one this week. All I want is a happy couple. Don't mind waiting on them to start breeding again.
Thanks guys for the ninja quick responses.

mine jumped over the overflow and got sucked by my maxjet.... black missbar clow, now fish food.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You're right this does seem to be happening more often. Its making me think about putting a screen on top of my tank.

True. When the dominant female passes the dominant male turns into the female, and the next stud in line starts right away watching over previously laid eggs. Now this is in the wild and a pecking order is already established. I'll have to let mine have a dance off to establish who takes over the remote.
My lfs is getting some in Wednesday so let the quarantine begin. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

Sorry to hear about that! My clown jumped a little over a week ago. Luckily I found him just in time and got him back into the water and he's doing fine. Good luck with pairing up another couple!

false perc. I am supposed to be getting one from him. Do you have any other suggestions?

Back