Decorating Back Wall

theplantman

Market
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried attaching polyps, ie. snowflakes, cloves or zoos to the back walls of their tanks. The thought occured to me the other evening that since my tank is too bright to grow coraline algae well that this could be a suitable alternative to cover the big black overflow/equipment divider in the back of my solana. I have polyps anchored vertically on rock faces and was wondering how they would do anchored to the plastic back there?

Any experiences or thoughts would be appreciated.

I have both xenia and zoos growing on the back wall of my tank....

You could use a frag mag I think is what there called. Just put it where you want it and let whatever you have grow out.

Frag Mag

a>

well they do group buys....i'll find out what kind of discounts are given and let you know.

Thanks all, I appreciate it. Noti, let me know if you are going to try a group by, I am in gainesville so it would be easy to arrange pick up.

LDYBKR;295625 wrote: George, what did you use to attach them?

I just leaned a rock or plug against the wall and they grew from the rock or plug onto the back wall and started growing up.

I bought 2 rock magnets at MACNA. I like them, wouldn't mind another if there's a group buy
Sheryle

<p style="text-align:center"><u><span style="font-size: 13px">How about this?</span></u>

<p style="text-align:center">
T5.jpg
alt="" />

Price for group buy on frag mags and rock mags

Frag-Mags $ 5.00 each
Rock-Mags $ 25.00 each

Minimum order is $ 250.00 shipped FREE to one location.

I just ordered some "Mag-Clips" from Foster-Smith. I'm thinking about modding them into frag mags.....

Best part about these is that they were about six bucks for 6 of them, you guys should check them out......

How powerful are the magnets for those mag clips? I am not sure if they would be able to hold the weight.

They advertise "industrial strength magnets"....... I'll let you know once I recieve them (which should be in a day or two).

They are ment to be a replacement for suction cups to hold heaters and tubing in place, glueing a small frag to one would actually be less weight than the intended purpose, but all this is moot until I receive them and work with them, as they come with a clip (like a suction cupped clip) on the tank side of the magnet. I intend to excise the clip and hopefully gain a flat surface to mount a frag. I'll keep you posted.

I was recently left feeling nonplused</em> by some frag mags I saw at a lfs this past weekend, as they consisted of two magnets permanantly sealed in two tiny polycons (plastic containers that has lid attached, like the containers flim strips used to come in) with a (fake?) rock attached. I personally did not find these appealing so I'm going to try something new and more cost effective.......

Will keep you advised....

Back