Decorating Back Wall

I think GSP would be an ideal candidate for a living backwall. It grows uber fast and is easy to trim. If your rockwork touches the backwall though you will have to be vigilent though.

NotiReef;296286 wrote: Price for group buy on frag mags and rock mags

Frag-Mags $ 5.00 each
Rock-Mags $ 25.00 each

Minimum order is $ 250.00 shipped FREE to one location.

I'm in for a group buy, if others are interested. I could use 6 rock mags.

thanks Dakota keep us updated......:up:

Dakota9;296313 wrote: They advertise "industrial strength magnets"....... I'll let you know once I recieve them (which should be in a day or two).

They are ment to be a replacement for suction cups to hold heaters and tubing in place, glueing a small frag to one would actually be less weight than the intended purpose, but all this is moot until I receive them and work with them, as they come with a clip (like a suction cupped clip) on the tank side of the magnet. I intend to excise the clip and hopefully gain a flat surface to mount a frag. I'll keep you posted.

I was recently left feeling nonplused</em> by some frag mags I saw at a lfs this past weekend, as they consisted of two magnets permanantly sealed in two tiny polycons (plastic containers that has lid attached, like the containers flim strips used to come in) with a (fake?) rock attached. I personally did not find these appealing so I'm going to try something new and more cost effective.......

Will keep you advised....

I have 2 of the rock mags and really like them. One I received was broken, but I put it on my overflow box and it looks good.

I also got a frag mag but don't care for it too much.

Dakota, I was under the impression that the mag clip comes with 2 magnets and 6 different sized clips that are interchangable so you can get one that fits your equipment. If they come with 6 magnets, then I'd be interested.

my description read "package of 6" ....... man am I gonna be PO'ed....

Not really, nothing ventured, nothing gained......

FutureInterest;296328 wrote: I think GSP would be an ideal candidate for a living backwall. It grows uber fast and is easy to trim. If your rockwork touches the backwall though you will have to be vigilent though.

GSP would be perfect for the back wall...here is a pic I found online
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
296339=15538-gsp covered backwall.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
296339=15538-gsp covered backwall.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="gsp covered backwall.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Dakota9;296338 wrote: my description read "package of 6" ....... man am I gonna be PO'ed....

Not really, nothing ventured, nothing gained......

$5 for a couple industrial strength magnets is not bad

Dakota9;296296 wrote: I just ordered some "Mag-Clips" from Foster-Smith. I'm thinking about modding them into frag mags.....

Best part about these is that they were about six bucks for 6 of them, you guys should check them out......

thats misleading because I just ordered one thinking the same thing. It's
$6 for one magnet and "six" different clip sizes that attach to the one magnet they send you. Of course, you can only use one at a time.

To be clear, it's ONE complete magnet set, in other words, the front and the back. For what it's worth, it's a very good magnet. Just wish I had gotten six.

I checked back on the site..... correct, it's one set, but they are only 4bucks and some change.... still cheaper than frag mags.....

With the right magnats, we could make our own for way cheap.....

If a group by is looking like it will happen count me in for 9 frag mags. I am thinking about mixing metallic green star, mint green star and white pipe organ polyps on my back wall

Back