Different Live Rock Types

True a 55 will limit the types of fish you can get. But I think they make a cute small reef. And not as temperamental as a 20. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm ok with a 55 for now. I would prefer a larger tank, but a nice setup has come up that I just can't pass up on. It's ok though, it will give me time to start my colonies and get the reef life figured out. Maybe in a year I can upgrade to something larger.

I think a 55 is fine, you can make any size,tank look beautiful. Some of the nicrst e seen were nano tanks

By all means go for it.. just letting you know my experience and other who have done the samething. You can make any tank look ok but the aquascaping in a 55 is limited and swimming room for fish is almost none. But back to the op there are different types based on a few different things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I didn't mean to post this in my other thread, it meant to go here. But I will post it here again anyway.

Question about live rock for you folks. Found a guy on craigslist offering about 80 lbs of live rock for $150. According to him, the tank/rocks have never had any ich or bad parasites. He said he boiled the rocks about 2 months ago and has had them in saltwater with a pump ever since. What do you think? Good find/buy? Should I be worried or should I take advantage of this and purchase the rock.

If there was never anything wrong with it, why did he boil it?

tshives26;948146 wrote: I didn't mean to post this in my other thread, it meant to go here. But I will post it here again anyway.

Question about live rock for you folks. Found a guy on craigslist offering about 80 lbs of live rock for $150. According to him, the tank/rocks have never had any ich or bad parasites. He said he boiled the rocks about 2 months ago and has had them in saltwater with a pump ever since. What do you think? Good find/buy? Should I be worried or should I take advantage of this and purchase the rock.

Ringo®;948149 wrote: If there was never anything wrong with it, why did he boil it?

Like ringo said ask why he done it.. if it sounds fishy pass on it.. or low ball him he might take it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

tshives26;948146 wrote: I didn't mean to post this in my other thread, it meant to go here. But I will post it here again anyway.

I responded to your other thread on this question. Give me a sec and I'll copy and move it here so you don't have to monitor the same thing in two separate areas.

Back