dipping corals ??

LOL, I did it one fish at a time! (8 hours of dipping)

I am speedy enough now that I can keep about 3 buckets going at once. I hate ruining too many buckets with Meth Blue so I limit it to my three waste buckets.

Lucky for me, I do not need any more fish for awhile till my 40 gal gets up and running in about two months.

Where in the world do we find pro coral cure???? If online.....where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks,
Jorge

Xyzpdq0121;37184 said:
but in the long run, just like a trip to the red ligh district in Bangkok, you are going to catch something that you did not bargin for!quote]

:eek: Do you have another story your not telling us?:wow2: lol!

I get my Pro Coral Cure from Premium Aquatics, but Sam said he plans on carrying it soon.

Xyzpdq0121;37184 wrote: Dipping corals is about as overboard as QTing fish... YOU SHOULD DO IT... I know 90% of the reefers out there don't but you SHOULD! Like Bryan said, is it worth the risk to you?

Alan, the guy from Coral Gardens was saying that about acclimation of corals not dipping. If you listened to him, he went on for about 10 min on the importance of dipping. You are right, most corals do not need to be acclimated but ALL need to be dipped!

I dip EVERYTHING that comes into my tank (except and invert). EVERYTHING! .... You would not believe the stuff I see drop off. Flat worms, red bugs, pods, worms...

So to make a long lecture short, save yourself the heartache and dip like everyone says you should....

I totally agree! :yes:

Just by reading a week's worth of postings on this site should convince folks to dip their corals and to quaratine!

We've seen members have problems (read infestations) of red bugs, zoanthid eating nudibranchs, flatworms, aptasia and worse and then regret that they did not take these precautions. :eek: :bash2: :eek:

Personally, I do a freshwater RO/DI dip as well as dip them in Seachem's "Reef Dip", then quarantine them for a week or more for further close inspection before I place them in my tank.

Bob

Seems to be solid advice, same as we QT'd our falcons or any other new birds we brought home for at least a month before they were placed in the same general vicinity and handled with the same gloves, etc., as other birds. Frounce, bumblefoot and aspergilllosis are *&^%$#$%^&%$#, and while the investment in my fishtank isn't anything like a falcon (i.e., the Federal Government is involved any time you lose a raptor... LOTS of paperwork and a potential felony if you were excessively negligent), but regardless, I have enough of an investment in it that it's just sensible, and I'm kind of disappointed in myself that I was more insistent on doing this before.

I have a 20g QT set up but it has no lighting system. It has everything but lights (i.e. protien skimmer, powerhead, bio-wheel filter, etc.) I dont have any corals yet but should I QT them in there when I am ready for livestock?

Also, what is the difference between dips like Lugols, Pro-Coral Cure, or Seachem Reef Dip?

I will be the first to admit, I do not QT coarls, I only dip them. Then again, I observe the coral VERY closely before it hits my systems looking for flat worms or redbugs. Corals and clams (From Berry at clams direct) do not need much light in a QT tank since the water level is so shallow. He states that PCs can hold a Clam in QT for a few weeks.

Ummm I can not honestly tell you the difference between Pro-Coral and Seachem's. I have not used seachems myself. I know Lugols is said to not be as safe. I figure it is because of the iodine Vs. Iodide aspect of it. But I do not know to tell you the truth.

Back