Disappearing Wrasse

mike17kb

Market
Reaction score
ok, so I went out of town last Thurs and got back Monday. Since Monday I had not seen my Xmas wrasse at all even during feeding times. I come home from work today and he is swimming around with my other wrasses and clowns like he has been there the whole time. :fish:

I ahd already wrote him off in my head as being bye bye....

How long do u give a wrasse when u cant find him at all?

Glad you found your wrasse and that your wrasse is happy.

Sounds like a tight bond between you and your wrasse.

See if Chrisjet wants to come over and kiss your wrasse....he's funny like that.

Maybe your Wrasse was hurt and needed some time alone...I would take the time and play with your wrasse so it understand you really do care...

Glad your wrasse is fine :)

Please ignore the previous post.

On a serious note, our lunar wrasse disappeared for 3-4 days when we first put him into the tank. We thought he'd died and was lodged back in the rocks. Guess they just burrow into the sand for long periods of time.

Linda Lee;74701 wrote: Please ignore the previous post.

Sorry, Russ ... that was directed at the post <u>before</u> yours and not to you. You and I must have been typing at the same time and you got your post in a wee bit quicker than I did.

I was just giving Loren a bad time. He has WAY too much fun with the *wrasse* terminology. (Just look @ his signature)

:D

Hey fish can take the day off as well.

Burrowing wrasses will sleep the day away if they're sick, stressed, or injured... or just feeling lazy that day.

FutureInterest;74753 wrote: Hey fish can take the day off as well.

Burrowing wrasses will sleep the day away if they're sick, stressed, or injured... or just feeling lazy that day.

Agreed. If it occurs for more than a couple days (aside from the intial couple days), then you might want to check water quality.

Back