DIY HOB Refugium

kirru

Market
Reaction score
So I got to thinkin, as usual, and I wanted to mimic the AquaFuge External Hang-On Refugium,
detailed_image.cfm
>http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=3618&large=/images/Categoryimages/larger/lg-790156-42451-fish-filter.jpg</a>, any one have any suggestions?

This will be going on a 10 gallon nano.

It will be made out of plexi-glass or a similar type, any suggestions on that or will that be sufficient enough? Hopefully this works and I'll give progress pics when I start, right now its in the developmental stage.

Well, here goes nothin...

yeah.. take some acrylic or plexi-glass cut a bulk head hole, then add 2 pieces to make 3 chambers and add a lil pump to match the intake and run that pipe into the tank.. oh and add some kind of hook.. post pics as you go along

clip on back light too..

oh i see you like RC cars, i have an HPI RS4 Sport Drift Mod Mini 1.18th scale.. interested.. 3 motors, 6 tyre sets, 3 bodies.. nice! 2 battery packs

Reefer29;240536 wrote: oh i see you like RC cars, i have an HPI RS4 Sport Drift Mod Mini 1.18th scale.. interested.. 3 motors, 6 tyre sets, 3 bodies.. nice! 2 battery packs

Yup, I have a Team Losi 8ight, 2 bodies, one custom, one stock... blah blah blah. lol i also have 2 losi xxx nitro trucks, and a Red Cat street car and another street car, cant remember name, but I have my feel of them, all nitro, dont need another. lol

Reefer29;240535 wrote: yeah.. take some acrylic or plexi-glass cut a bulk head hole, then add 2 pieces to make 3 chambers and add a lil pump to match the intake and run that pipe into the tank.. oh and add some kind of hook.. post pics as you go along

clip on back light too..

yup, something like that is drawing in my head. working on the details now. I'll also have a Aquaclear 50 and possibly the 20 I started with, but I just want to see what this will do with the 50 on the back as well do you think the heater i have would be ok inside the fuge? it'd be great to take it out of the tank.

also, was just thinkin that the return would be gravity fed back into the tank, but i havent decided how I'll do that.

o and i will have a light but i dont know which one suggestions? i'm guessing i'll have to leave it on 24hrs a day or at night but which one wont be bothersome while i sleep, its in my room.

there are cob m.h and pc's.. uhh i wouldnt go all out on a light to say the least.. maybe something like this
prod_display.cfm

neither was i but that seems a little expensive for just a fuge.

i was thinkin maybe the coralife mini cf's, your thoughts?

i was just thinking about putting it close to the fuge so something kind long i guess. this is the part i havent thought of yet.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11382">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11382</a>

something like this with only one bulb instead of two

most refugiums I have seen just use regular outdoor spotlights for refuge lighting... a simple household light would work, or the two smaller ones from drs. would work

going with anything expensive in a fuge is kind of stupid unless you have money to burn.. personally, Im not going to put a MH in my fuge.. Im going with a regular 13watt lightbulb

Reefer - where do you go to HS, I went to high school in marietta, just curious

ok, so just any light, got plenty of those. also, how long do i leave the light on? just so i know in the future

Back