Dmitri's 1000 gal DT journey!

Congrats Dimitri, I remember you telling me you were getting this and the rock. I still don’t like that guy, such a d***

Wow! I’d have to build a bedroom down there next to the fish room if I had a dream tank like that. Incredible and definitely following this build.

Here are some more videos of fish tank move and delivery. This was back in Team MRC did an awesome job!

Here are few videos of tank being delivered.
I will share build out of the basement next.

Again, big thanks to Raj and Team MRC for making it happen and delivering with such excellent care!

https://youtu.be/_PoUZcDoFeE

After we finished electrical, I've installed Air Exchanger ( Tjernlund X2D Model Products Xchanger Reversible Basement Fans)
By the way for power I had to put up, 8 outlets with 20 amp each, 4 sockets on each drop. That should give me enough power needed.

Attachments

• IMG_3847.JPG
    IMG_3847.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
AC/ Heat unit installed.
Up next, drywall job begins...IMG_4025.JPGIMG_4026.JPGIMG_4028.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Hard part during putting up drywall was moving a 100 gallon tank around with 50 gallon sump around and out of the way.
We actually used stand on wheels for both.IMG_4396.JPGIMG_4413.JPG
After display tank was delivered, I was able to begin building out fish room.
First step was to layout epoxy, then finish drywall around and paint.IMG_4390.JPGIMG_4391.JPGIMG_4392.JPG

Two weeks ago I have filled up display tank with water to let it sit and settle in.
After about 4 hours, it was just about filled up.
The plan is as follows:
1. Finish painting around the tank
2. Build a frame display around it.
3. Start plumbing project.

IMG_4582.JPG
IMG_4652.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

Few days ago I was able to relocate my 100 and 60 gal tanks into the fish room.
I will be replacing 100 gallon stand on wheels with new stand that I just built. I had to built taller stand to be able to fit sump under the tank.
This new stand is 48" tall, once i finish painting it, I will be moving tank and sump in it. This will help me save up on much needed space.

IMG_4684.JPG
IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4701.JPG

IMG_4696.JPG

Someone's even busy! How have you dealt with the dust from the mud work on the drywall?

Reactions: JPH
Someone's even busy! How have you dealt with the dust from the mud work on the drywall?

Dust is a bit of an issue during work and when finishing drywall. I had to cover tanks with plastic sheets and vacuume out as much as I could. Finishing basement it will continue to be a challenge, but other than basic methods and taking extra precaution, I don’t see any other easy solution.

All my sps corals doing great. I have several high end acro frags and some larger colonies.
I did have some Zoas melt over 24 hrs period after water change, which was very strange. However, I did read about those particular zoas melt from time to time. It was a colony of gobstoppers. Rose bubbletip is huge and looking great.

Testing water parameters, water changes every week or two and venting out co2 been my priorities. Carbon helps too

During next few days I’m planning to relocate 100 gal on the newly-built stand.

Back