do you cover your tank?

I've thought about that idea as well Raj, but still a few problems persist with my personal use of that method.

1) The asthetic of fishing line zigzagging across my tank permanantly. I don't know if I can do a neat enough job to make it look professional.

and

2) It would have to be strung very fine, as the wrasse I lost was only 2 inches long, but a bigger fish would help that issue.

Personally, I think your idea is about the best so far, maybe with the exception of the RC link to buy premade mesh, which looks like the poster used a double thickness.

I vow to not buy another wrasse until my tank is "jump proof"..

Thanks!

Yeah, I think if it is strung just like a tennis racket, maybe not as fine, you can house anything. Also, even if it wasnt, it would be highly unlikely that the fish has such god aim, that it is able to make it through one of the open spaces. That would be tough to do. More than likely, it will hit the line. It will be jumping at an angle afterall?

I think you can find some clear nylon mesh that will suffice instead of stringing it. It would be easy to just attach that to a frame that fit on your tank.

Something like this:
plastic_nylon.htm

Back