dumb question

wmboots

Market
Reaction score
Put a frag of green zoa in my tank a few weeks back now everyday I see what appears to be hair algae coming out of some of the larger polyps. I have dusting them off but now I have half of my green recordias shriviling up. There is at least 24" of space between the two corals. Does anyone know if there is a coralation or just coincidence.:unsure:

Bill,I'm not sure whats going on but I have zoe's and ric's within inches of each other and never had a problem.If anything I would think the ric's could harm the zoe's because I had a sps fall over on top of my large orange ric and it bleached the spot that was touching it.

it's strange these are recordias that were double the size of silver dollars just a few days ago and now there shrivled up. It started with 1 and now it's up to 4 now. They aren't even in the same colony and on 2 different rocks

It's not unusual for rics or zoas to close up from time to time or for rics to not be quite as fluffy from tiem to time. However, just to be safe you should check your parameters to see if something is out of whack.

my nitrates have been running between 10 and 20 but they have been in full bloom the whole time. I have seen my recordia's close up from time to time before but never shriviling up like ths. Phosphates are in a respectable range and have checked everything excpept copper and iodine. Don't have kits for those and they have never been a concern before.
Steve what kind of dip are you suggesting?

Back