ebay skimmer

wmboots

Market
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PROTEIN-SKIMMER-w-530GPH-PUMP-POWERHEAD-AQUARIUM_W0QQitemZ150324958488QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item150324958488&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50">http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PROTEIN-SKIMMER-w-530GPH-PUMP-POWERHEAD-AQUARIUM_W0QQitemZ150324958488QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item150324958488&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50</a>

What is this? anyone have any ideas?

Don't know but it looks like a nominee for the "You get what you pay for" award of the day.

"This is exactly what you need to get your aquarium activated and improved !!!
Don't be hesitated! Just Buy It Now!!!
No more dead spots or dormant living space from now on!!!"

HA!

Yeah, the salesmanship is shoddy at best, but the skimmer does look like it would work well.

Yeah it looks good on paper how bout 7 of us going in on one together and see.

I'm still trying to figure out how to retrofit an Aqua C Remora on to a 14g nano...... That would be all the filteration I needed...

Looks cheap i would buy it, just my opinion though cheaper skimmers are usually a pain to get to skim properly

I am kind of thinking that once I get my skimmer "working" it would suck for the wavemaker to shift it off and turn on my Koralia or somthing. You know how long it takes skimmers to get primed and foaming.. It is a ritual to watch as the cup begins to collect foam! No, don't stop the madness!!

LeeS;286332 wrote: Don't know but it looks like a nominee for the "You get what you pay for" award of the day.
I second the nomination..:up: All in favor for a vote?:confused:

Every skimmer I've ever used seem to all have there issues...... I think the more you pay, the less you have to fiddle with it to make it work, but don't think they are appreciably better...

Do yourself a favor and buy a reputable skimmer-it's worth the money. Cpr makes a good hob skimmer.

The pricier skimmers are better...period; better materials, better workmanship, better warranty, better performance.

If this skimmer doesn't work or a part fails, who do you call?

My first skimmer was a Lee's In-Tank model........ It needed constant adjustment, but with constent adjustment came as good of skimmate as I got with my last HOB skimmer which was the Remora, which rarely needed adjusting (between those were one off brand model, the Prizm Pro and the CPR back-pack). The last skimmer I actually used was built-in, in the sump, which did work best, until time to clean it, which came with its own headache.
Other than constantly readjusting....... I can say I'm non-plused by the more expensive skimmers. As for the money involved, the Lee's would have been the most cost effective way to do virtually the same job.

Skriz quote: "If this skimmer doesn't work or a part fails, who do you call?"
Detritus Busters!

If Lee's was the best skimmer you've used, then you haven't seen a good skimmer in action.

When I was using a seaclone, I thought it did a good job; afterall, it pulled out some nasty skimmate. Then, I saw a real skimmer in action and was floored!

I have to agree. I used to use cheaper skimmers. Then I got a good one. I still have my coralife sitting around and even though I would consider it a medium quality skimmer My Octopus or MRC ocean force would blow it away. Plus there was no tweeking.

I've seen real skimmers......... On very large tanks. When you're talking about a 30g cube, very rarely would you see a 4 foot skimmer attached to it, meaning that your options become limited. Even the best skimmers leave a large percentage of gunk in the water. But I'm just sayin how much better off are you for having spent 600+ on a Precision Marine or 19.99 on the Lee's. Both are still leaving crap in the water.... To think otherwise is just mis-informed.
Better off to rely on a balanced bio-load and good husbandry

Back