Ecotech Versa

lshin037

Market
Reaction score
Anyone here running the new versas? Im trying to see about replacing my loud masterflex pump for my calcium reactor.

I have not seen these until now. Looks interesting and has a better price point over the Kamoer.
I'm going to keep an eye out for reviews and would be interested if anyone here gets one too.

Ya I'm very interested in them as well. So far I've seen mostly positive reviews. It looks like they actually have a decent interface as well unlike what they have for their lights and other items.

These are already out of stock in most places. I truly hope they perform as advertised (continuous duty, precision, etc...). Never owned the Kamoer one but my masterflex is LOUD.

I have two that replaced my jebao doser, I like them a lot. The Versa dose 60mm and Jebao dose110mm calcium and alk is 47mm and jebao dose 100mm to maintain my tank. Big difference on the number but must be the same amount go in the tank. I like that you can adjust the dose on the apps and the size of it. It is very easy to mount, I hate the boxy style doser.

Last edited:
When anything Ecotech has an attractive price point - that by itself worries me. They have never been shy about charging silly high prices - why now?
Well - I'll take all that back (I can't edit posts so I'll just increase my post count :) ).

A 4 head dosing "solution" with these is $600 - so right in line with ecotech pricing. LOL

I do like that it seems designed to work with RO tubing. Many other dosing solutions can but you typically are searching for the right connectors etc.

Well - I'll take all that back (I can't edit posts so I'll just increase my post count :) ).

A 4 head dosing "solution" with these is $600 - so right in line with ecotech pricing. LOL

I do like that it seems designed to work with RO tubing. Many other dosing solutions can but you typically are searching for the right connectors etc.

You do make a good point though. If you look at the 4-head solution, then yes its up there. But for those running a calcium reactor or just need 1 pump, it's certainly an attractive price point. It's $150 as opposed to a decades old masterflex from ebay or a $250 Kamoer. The motor is their own design which one would expect the pricepoint to be higher.

Well, four Kamoer's would be over a grand. Two DOS's is $600 and we also know how expensive digital drive MasterFlex's are. I just don't know if these new Ecotech's are designed for continuous duty like the Kamoer or MasterFlex. I wouldn't use a DOS for 60ml/min in 24/7 duty like you can those type pumps. The verdict is still out if the Ecotech Versa can handle that type of use.

So I went ahead and got one to give it a try. Out of the box there's already a defect. The quick-connects won't seal properly. There's a thread on RC about this and Ecotech is sending a replacement tubing setup. I hope this is isn't a sign for problems to come. Lets see how their customer support handles it.

So I went ahead and got one to give it a try. Out of the box there's already a defect. The quick-connects won't seal properly. There's a thread on RC about this and Ecotech is sending a replacement tubing setup. I hope this is isn't a sign for problems to come. Lets see how their customer support handles it.

Have you seen their reeflink? Out of the box, won’t talk to my radions.

So far I'm quite disappointed with this pump as there's another issue. I got some info from R2R members about how to fix the leaking issue and followed those tips and got the leaking taken care of until the replacement arrives. Now the thing makes noise and seems there are others with the same issue. I never experienced having a bad quick-connect fitting but it's not a big deal since its an easy replacement but the heart of a peristaltic pump is the motor and gear assembly and its already failing out of the box. Not too impressed with their customer service either. It's not horrible...just on par with everyone else. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high.

+1. My G4 Radions went out one day without explanation. I fiddled with them and got nothing. Called Echotech. Because my lights were controlled by a Neptune WXM module, the tech told me he couldn't help me. I had to call Neptune. The Neptune tech solved my Echotech problem in 3 minutes! However, in being fair, when I sent a G3 pro in to Ecotech for troubleshooting and repair, they offered me a new G4 pro at a price I couldn't refuse. C'est la vie! We win some, we lose some.

Im following a thread on R2R and people who were having these issues tried different things to get them to work. Some of those tips worked for me...others didnt. I feel this should work straight out of the box...shouldnt need to be tinkered with to get it to work properly. Im gonna keep from expressing my true disappointment on that thread as there seems to be some diehard ETM loyalists. Im losing faith that this thing will work in continuous mode for a long time.

Back