Ecotech Versa

It just doesn't look like a peristaltic pump that I would put in a continuous duty application like CARX effluent or an AWC. It's just too small. Look at other pumps with stepper motors as a comparison. Kaomer's is small by that standard and it's twice the size of the Versa.

This might sound stupid, but why can’t you or anyone return this thing since we know it’s not up to par with what it should be
Im trying to give them the benefit of doubt and also see how their customer service is. I already made the decision and got one. They're supposed to be sending me a replacement soon. If the replacement still gives me the same or more issues, I'll be returning the pump for a refund.

... and this is why I wouldn't touch any "new" product, especially with having a stable system.

Very true. But it was "cheap enough" to give a try. It was a bold claim (continuous duty) for a very attractive price from a reputable company. I also expected better quality control from such a reputable company making the pumps in-house.

It just doesn't look like a peristaltic pump that I would put in a continuous duty application like CARX effluent or an AWC. It's just too small. Look at other pumps with stepper motors as a comparison. Kaomer's is small by that standard and it's twice the size of the Versa.
I'm glad I went with the Kamoer. It works like a champ. A little louder than I like, but it works and that's what matters. After seeing yours and Hui's, I bit the bullet about 4 months ago and my alk is rock solid since my flow is now consistent.

Trust me...I had my doubts (still do) for the same reasons. How can a little pump with a small motor compare to the likes of a Masterflex (for example) that has a motor thats twice as big as the whole versa? I like my masterflex. It's been rock solid but LOUD. If this little pump works out, I can install it inside my sump area, have much more control through the app, and bring down the noise level in the room.

Last edited:
I'm glad I went with the Kamoer. It works like a champ. A little louder than I like, but it works and that's what matters. After seeing yours and Hui's, I bit the bullet about 4 months ago and my alk is rock solid since my flow is now consistent.
I had some trouble replacing the roller on mine. The thing would just not come off, now it wobbles a little. I'm suffering from the screen issue they have too. There's a new model out now and it's WiFi and turns the screen off after a minute or so. I think I'm going to get one of those when I'm ready for it on the new system and keep the current one as a backup. I will try and take the roller wheel off when I open the box though. If I have the same problem it's going back for a replacement.

Trust me...I had my doubts (still do) for the same reasons. How can a little pump with a small motor compare to the likes of a Masterflex (for example) that has a motor thats twice as big as the whole versa? I like my masterflex. It's been rock solid but LOUD. If this little pump works out, I can install it inside my sump area, have much more control through the app, and bring the noise level in the room.
That's the biggest reason I didn't get a Masterflex. I couldn't find a digital drive unit that didn't cost an arm & a leg.

I thought I'd give an update since it is unfair just to come on forums to complain and not give any updates when things were made right. Ecotech overnighted a replacement and its not leaking and working great. I have it running constantly on 80ml/min as a calrx feed. Its not completely silent when the unit is right in front of you. Its got a slight whine. Inside my stand, its dead silent. The room is much quieter now since the masterflex is not vibrating the walls. Of course, only time will tell if this pump will work like this long term. I can tell you that it is indeed very accurate, quieter than any dosing pump Ive had (DOS, kamoer x1, jebao doser). The kamoer x1 is accurate and runs great but a bit louder and the most dosing intervals you can have is 12 per day. The Jebao was a bit quieter than the kamoer but I had issues such as the display going out and calibration not holding and the programming was a bit of a pain. The DOS had just about the same capabilities/controllability as the versa and controllable through the apex but it was MUCH louder. But none of the 3 pumps are rated for continuous dosing.

I thought I'd give an update since it is unfair just to come on forums to complain and not give any updates when things were made right. Ecotech overnighted a replacement and its not leaking and working great. I have it running constantly on 80ml/min as a calrx feed. Its not completely silent when the unit is right in front of you. Its got a slight whine. Inside my stand, its dead silent. The room is much quieter now since the masterflex is not vibrating the walls. Of course, only time will tell if this pump will work like this long term. I can tell you that it is indeed very accurate, quieter than any dosing pump Ive had (DOS, kamoer x1, jebao doser). The kamoer x1 is accurate and runs great but a bit louder and the most dosing intervals you can have is 12 per day. The Jebao was a bit quieter than the kamoer but I had issues such as the display going out and calibration not holding and the programming was a bit of a pain. The DOS had just about the same capabilities/controllability as the versa and controllable through the apex but it was MUCH louder. But none of the 3 pumps are rated for continuous dosing.
That is great to hear! I have the Kamoer FX-STP and it has a slight whine too but inside the stand it is quiet as well. I'm interested in seeing how this product runs long term.

How long did they take between you reach out to them and they replace the parts ?
4 days from the first time I contacted to the time they shipped out. I didnt expect them to overnight it since the price of the versa is very low. They did ask me to ship the original one back as soon as possible to see whats going on with it.

That is great to hear! I have the Kamoer FX-STP and it has a slight whine too but inside the stand it is quiet as well. I'm interested in seeing how this product runs long term.
If something goes wrong, I'll definitely keep yall updated. I really want this to work out. It's quiet, small, and cheap.

It's been almost 2 months since I've been running this pump. After getting a replacement due to the leaking and noise issue, it worked great....until a few weeks ago when the effluent would stop flowing all of a sudden. After cleaning my calrx reactor thinking it maybe a slight clog somewhere and still having the same issue, I decided to test the pump and I found that it wasn't able to pull water from the intake side by itself and I could also blow air through the tubing. Im pretty sure when the tubing is pinched by the rollers it should be air/water tight. I took it offline and tested with water and found that after running the pump for a few seconds and stopping it, water would keep dripping which is further evidence that the tubing is faulty. Either it got stretched out prematurely or it's losing its form. I put my trusty old masterflex back online and submitted a ticket to ecotech. I also emailed Premium Aquatics to see if they'll take it back and issue a refund. I am DONE with this pump!

Masterflex work well. To help with the sound I put a case around the masterflex and covered it with sound absorbing tiles. It helps a ton. I can show you the next time you come over Leo.

In their defense though... the tubing will go bad and crack for all peristaltic pumps. It definitely helps to use some lube... as I had that problem with my masterflex until @aestheticlibra gave me that tip. Which has been very useful.

Masterflex work well. To help with the sound I put a case around the masterflex and covered it with sound absorbing tiles. It helps a ton. I can show you the next time you come over Leo.

In their defense though... the tubing will go bad and crack for all peristaltic pumps. It definitely helps to use some lube... as I had that problem with my masterflex until @aestheticlibra gave me that tip. Which has been very useful.

Yes! Anything to make this pump quiet.

You’re right about the tubing on peri pumps but 2 months? I bought a whole box of the masterflex tubing a while back and haven’t even had to use it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, its one of those things that if it starts to leak you're kind of hosed. So I put a leak detector under mine and it sits over a drip tray. Before I go on any long trips I always swap the tube out just in case as well... I'm using food grade silicone lube and that seems to help as well.

I think this might be the perfect use of a apex flow detector... That would give me peace of mind when I'm away... Ordering it now... :)

I’m so surprised about reading through the whole posting. I’ve seen many people that have bought them and read some mixed opinions about them and they’re lining down the bad side. I just think that even what the company is doing with the costumer service it would not give you a better or last longer pump, the problems are there and unless they come up with an upgrade or a better designed pump it would be impossible to alíviate the issue. I could see that when they came up with the vectras, now they’re on their second generation and unfortunately it seems like they’re giving us Beta products priced high, I gotta say that I actually have respect for most of their equipment but when it comes to their price vs quality it seems that they need to improve things a bit, don’t believe me? G5: Casing breaking, noisy fan, and calibration pain? For over top $800’s? I’ll hold my money.

I really wanted this work. But it happened to be too good to be true that such a small pump would work as a calcium reactor feed pump. It may work well as a regular doser where it doesn't run constantly but so does my $50 X1 pump. Premium Aquatics said they can't accept returns on this one but said they'd help out with contacting Ecotech. Even if they sent a replacement pump or tubing set, I'd be hesitant to use it other than for dosing aminos or other non-essential stuff.

Back