Ecotech Vortech Powerheads - Eco Smart Modes

bg2311

Market
Reaction score
For anyone that uses the Ecotech Vortech pumps in either of the 2 Eco Smart modes (tidal swell or nutrient transport), how do you get the secondary powerhead controllers assigned to the rear channel being broadcast by the primary powerhead controller? I'm not sure if perhaps the primary powerhead controller needs a firmware upgrade. T

I have 3 Vortech MP40 wireless EcoSmart models (not Quiet Drive, nor Mobius). One is the primary, the other 2 are secondary and are already paired. Toggling the sync/anti-sync is normally done by pressing the Mode button on the secondary powerhead controllers (this works). Supposedly there's a turquoise color that should display for the rear powerhead channel when selected. I am not seeing it. I get sync, anti-sync, and green for constant speed mode on the secondary controllers when in TSM or NTM (purple on the primary).

I do not currently have a Reeflink so I can't configure these using an app right now. It's on the shopping list though.

Speculating I might need a firmware upgrade or something because everything else seems to be working. I just added the third powerhead to the back of the tank and intended to use it on the rear channel being broadcast by the primary powerhead controller in TSM or NTM modes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back