Who's first: New Ecotech Pumps

Hnguyen;1014066 wrote: 90% quieter than silent at 50% will be 90% quieter than silent..... Can someone check my math?:lol2:

I agree, it seems he makes it a mission to show up at every vortech thread just to dog it. I'm still waiting for that "help!! everyone grab a bucket, I have a leak" thread from him.:sad:

I'm extremely happy with my 4 vortechs moving water in my tank even if they look like turds. At 50% they are dead silent and my LPS are always sideways. I might have to dial it down to 40% or less.
And you to defend. The difference? If you truly felt that way why do you feel the need.
tonymission;1014061 wrote: Perception is realty. If people talk about them being loud then guys like you continue to perpetuate. Perception effects their sales even if it's half-right. Now there will be nothing anyone can say about anything (besides price but those people aren't the target and that's ok).

Now I will admit that my one mp10 on my 30g gets a little whine when it's cycling to the top of its assigned range. I have a second one I've been too lazy to hook up and then I won't have to max it at 80-90%. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me without enough vortech on their tank and having to really ramp them up.

You SHOULD be able to run these at 100% without them being loud. You can't. So you're right there. The point most defenders make is that its rarely necessary to run them that hard. Folks saying they aren't loud at 50% aren't lying and if you've seen one at 100% you'll laugh because none of your livestock will like that much flow.

Now ask a Gyre user how loud those are at 100%....

tonymission;1014064 wrote: Too funny

And it's 90% quieter. Quieter than what? He's acting like 90% is such a big number ... Quieter than not very loud at 70%? What's the math on 90% quieter than silent at 50%?

For someone that doesn't want a vortech, he still manages to show up in every vortech thread.
And why do you think they talk about them being loud? Maybe because they were.

Hnguyen;1014054 wrote: You should look in the mirror. :fish:
Fair enough.

Sorry ladies I didn't mean to offend you about your wuttle powerheads. I'm sure yours are completely silent and they are the most wonderful powerheads any one could ever own. Put a feather in my pants and we will both be tickled with your purchases.

With that behind us, I am actually excited about the news. With the imaginary noise issue resolved and the price down a little bit, I will be placing an order as soon as I get home this weekend. I feel that are getting to the point of being a good value.

GT -- Great news! I'll talk to the other club members and see if they'll let you join our "Defend Vortechs at all costs" group on Facebook. Secret password, of course.

tonymission;1014148 wrote: GT -- Great news! I'll talk to the other club members and see if they'll let you join our "Defend Vortechs at all costs" group on Facebook. Secret password, of course.

Oh, oh , oh, I'm in!!!! Pick me! :thumbs:

tonymission;1014148 wrote: GT -- Great news! I'll talk to the other club members and see if they'll let you join our "Defend Vortechs at all costs" group on Facebook. Secret password, of course.
Sounds like fun is it as easy as the "Dog Vortechs for fun" group here? That got boring.

grouper therapy;1014169 wrote: Sounds like fun is it as easy as the "Dog Vortechs for fun" group here? That got boring.

Little more difficult. We can't just make stuff up. :p

Best part about being in the club is everyone gets (has?) the best water pushers money can buy.

tonymission;1014196 wrote: Little more difficult. We can't just make stuff up. :p
Sure you can
Best part about being in the club is everyone gets (has?) the best water pushers money can buy.
See it wasn't so hard
You would fit right in.

It really is cool that they seem to have addressed the noise at higher rpms. I think I will try mine with the dry side mounted on a fake wall.

I think the noise level is really a problem for those that have quiet tanks. Mine is in my living room and it completely silent. The whine of them ramping up and down drove everyone crazy. That's the reason I switched to tunze. I have had 4 mp40s and 2 mp10s. They all made noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MvM;1014208 wrote: I think the noise level is really a problem for those that have quiet tanks. Mine is in my living room and it completely silent. The whine of them ramping up and down drove everyone crazy. That's the reason I switched to tunze. I have had 4 mp40s and 2 mp10s. They all made noise.

You're just making that up:) How did I do Tony?

MvM;1014208 wrote: I think the noise level is really a problem for those that have quiet tanks. Mine is in my living room and it completely silent. The whine of them ramping up and down drove everyone crazy. That's the reason I switched to tunze. I have had 4 mp40s and 2 mp10s. They all made noise.

Were they noticeable at 50% as well?

Here is an unboxing and demonstration video for anyone interested. Yes you can hear a difference and see a difference in power between the two. <!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://youtu.be/xVXgUA_MIP4<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

Looks pretty awesome. I do get a little bit of noise from my mp10w over 50%, so I'd appreciate the noise reduction!

grouper therapy;1014146 wrote: And you to defend. The difference? If you truly felt that way why do you feel the need.

I defend them because I know they are great pumps with great customer service to go with it. I defend them from the likes of you that has nothing better to do but dog a product that you don't even own.

And why do you think they talk about them being loud? Maybe because they were.

For many reasons, not having enough power heads in a big tank and running them at 100% all day long. Not aligning the wet and dry side properly, not cleaning the wet side to keep it running smoothly.

tonymission;1014196 wrote: Little more difficult. We can't just make stuff up. :p

That means he's disqualified, what will he do with all the holes in his tank?

I find it funny you started to become a character ever since you found out I no longer need your services, lol. In a way, I'm glad I don't. Have a nice day!! :)

Oh BTW, I have plenty of buckets on hand whenever you do need it!! I'll still come and help you out even if you hate vortechs.

Hnguyen;1014330 wrote: That means he's disqualified, what will he do with all the holes in his tank?

I find it funny you started to become a character ever since you found out I no longer need your services, lol. In a way, I'm glad I don't. Have a nice day!! :)

Oh BTW, I have plenty of buckets on hand whenever you do need it!! I'll still come and help you out even if you hate vortechs.

Dude, come on. Take a chill pill. I'm ok with you doing your own work as matter of fact I encourage it on here. I've actually had members over to my shop so that I might could help them with their own DIY projects.You are way off base here my friend. Not doing your cabinet work had absolutely zero impact on my life in any form or fashion, ZERO!
And as far as hating vortechs once again you are wrong, I'm actually purchasing one of the improved Vortechs.
In regards your helping me with leaks ,I appreciate the willingness to help me but I doubt you would hear my cry for help over those old 90%louder turds you have hung on your refugium.:D

Now go build something.:tongue:

Hnguyen;1014330 wrote: That means he's disqualified, what will he do with all the holes in his tank?

Thank you. You too;)

BTW. Good job on the cabinets. Not sure I ever told you. Sorry for the attitude about the Vortechs, you are right loosing your work impacted my life so much, especially financially speaking, that I felt the need to strike out against you and your power heads. Childish I know but it just hurt me sooooooo bad. But hey better now, I cut back on my java budget and was able to recuperate from the lose.

grouper therapy;1014353 wrote: BTW. Good job on the cabinets. Not sure I ever told you. Sorry for the attitude about the Vortechs, you are right loosing your work impacted my life so much, especially financially speaking, that I felt the need to strike out against you and your power heads. Childish I know but it just hurt me sooooooo bad. But hey better now, I cut back on my java budget and was able to recuperate from the lose.

I'm glad it worked out for you! To help you out a little, I'll buy your next cup of java! :shades:

Hnguyen;1014355 wrote: I'm glad it worked out for you! To help you out a little, I'll buy your next cup of java! :shades:
Thank you my friend. I'll hold you to that.
In all seriousness though. Should you need a spray booth for some of your woodwork you are welcome to use mine. I just had one built here and I am loving it. Never enjoyed the finishing part until now.

Back