Who's first: New Ecotech Pumps

Tim Marks explains how the Quiet Drive works

a>

DawgFace;1015176 wrote: Tim Marks explains how the Quiet Drive works

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/02/14/ecotech-marine-video-explains-quietdrive-works/">http://reefbuilders.com/2015/02/14/ecotech-marine-video-explains-quietdrive-works/</a>[/QUOTE]

Good find. Need to pick some up for my future 120 :)

FYI, my mp10 has been incredibly noisy at anything over 30%. I called customer support and without any questions asked, they are sending me a brand new wet side / motor.

The guy even commented how loud it was over the phone and said it should definitely not be anything more than a slight hum (if anything). He said he's happy to replace it.

Some of the best service in the industry.

grouper therapy;1036882 wrote: So guys are they really that much quieter ?

Yep. It's amazing the difference in sound. I'm impressed...well worth the money.

I am not a previous MP40 owner, tried plenty of other power heads. I finally bit the bullet and got the MP40 Wes. Can not hear anything past my DC return and skimmer pump. For the first few days I walked into the office each morning and touched the MP40 to make sure they were running.

I am totally pleased with the purchase!

elFloyd;1036956 wrote: I am not a previous MP40 owner, tried plenty of other power heads. I finally bit the bullet and got the MP40 Wes. Can not hear anything past my DC return and skimmer pump. For the first few days I walked into the office each morning and touched the MP40 to make sure they were running.

I am totally pleased with the purchase!

I guess I'll have to cave in and go vortech.. any ideas on convincing the wife on two 40s? haha i'm all ears.

their customer service is excellent and some of the best in the industry..they really do back up their products..i hope to be getting the new pumps soon!

indecloudzua;1036959 wrote: their customer service is excellent and some of the best in the industry..they really do back up their products..i hope to be getting the new pumps soon!

+1
They have always gone above and beyond my expectations!

Dave, I agree the old models should be silent for their price tag! I'll bet money that the new Vortects would live up to your expectations if you EVER get a tank up!

My tank is in the kitchen which is open to the family room. I can hear the return drains, fans, MH, and both Vortechs & Jaboes if I focus and try! Someday I'll close off the back of my stand, it would make a huge difference.

The 2, MP10wes are overworked on my 75 gal, they are not "recommended" for a 4'. Since I have moved heavier to SPS, I run them 90 to 100% 24/7. At night 100% RC & Tidal, day time NTP & Pulse... I've got 2 RW15 attached to the each side of the center overflow in back to eliinate dead spots.

There is a whine on both MP10s on NTP (@100) but it's not outrageous!

I just bought an MP40 for one side and going to use an MP10 as Master. Maybe even use both MP10's on the other side IDK.

My MP10's don't whine much at all if running below 75%. I'm not opposed to paying for the $40 upgrade kit to have the pump preform better, but not for the whine. To silence it would just make somthing else dominant. Currently it's just a little mixed "white noise".

Picoreefguy;1036945 wrote: raj did you do the upgrade or buy new?

I have the MP60's, so I only needed the upgraded controller. The rest is the same.

sweet. i've got mp10's so i might do the same if i find that they are too loud once i get the new tank going. (which will hopefully be in the coming weeks.)

Back