eel help asap !!!!

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok so i havent seen my snowflake in a few days and just now i seen him laying on the bottom of the tank upside down so i thought he was dead went to pick him up and off he went upside down anything i should be worried about? will he be ok or is the end coming?

move him to another tank with some air stone... and be carefull with him dyeing on your setup and spike a huge amonia problem

lol sorry about the he she thing but i have to run some where real fast ill post when i get back to let you know how she is

ok so i just got back home and she is still just laying on the bottom of the tank i cant get to her to get her out without taking the rock out of my tank

ok so everyone else in the tank is fine. only thing i have done diff in the last few days is add a pair of pj cardinal fish

the eel no i didnt i have had him for e few weeks the fish yes for 3 days and they had been at the lfs for atleast a month lol i got a good deal on them

How often are you feeding your eel? These guys don't need to eat nearly as often as we think they do and are prone to overeating. Was his last meal a very large one that may have created a blockage?

Some good information on Wet Web Media
a>.

i was feeding him everyday bc i didnt want him eating anyone lol guess i did wrong but the food was no bigger then his head maybe a lil bit buty nothing real big f this is what heppend whaty can i do? linda?

jgilley84;257538 wrote: i was feeding him everyday bc i didnt want him eating anyone lol guess i did wrong but the food was no bigger then his head maybe a lil bit buty nothing real big f this is what heppend whaty can i do? linda?

I've never had a sick eel, so I'm not sure -- someone else may know.

Eels will sometimes regurgitate partially digested food, which could be what yours is attempting to do, lying on its back. And maybe he already has done that somewhere in the rocks. I've read that this can make a mess of your tank and eels are very sensitive to water quality. You might consider doing a W/C if you haven't already.

ok so i think the shrimp i have been feeding him could have went bad. im dumb and thought i could keep them in the frige and not freez them. this might have somthing to do with it. huh?

jgilley84;257570 wrote: ok so i think the shrimp i have been feeding him could have went bad. im dumb and thought i could keep them in the frige and not freez them. this might have somthing to do with it. huh?

Definitely.

When I get shrimp, I cut it up into bite-sized cubes, freeze the cubes on a cookie sheet and then bag them in a Ziplock to store in the freezer. This way it's easy to take a small cube out of the freezer, thaw it in a small cup of tank water and feed it on a skewer.

I'd never feed something that's been in the freezer for more than a couple days -- no telling what kind of contamination it could have acquired.

Also, the diet of your eel needs to be more varied than just table shrimp. You can give him a tasty diet with variety by buying the mixed seafood medley (Publix) which contains shrimp, cuttlefish, squid and octopus. It also contains clams and mussels, which you'll want to toss (for some reason, those are cooked). Cut up the medley in the same way you would the table shrimp above, freeze on a cookie sheet and store in Ziplock bags. The bag of mixed seafood is not terribly expensive.

To round out the diet, buy frozen silversides and krill from the LFS.

If you're not feeding your eel daily (and you shouldn't be), the above food supply should last a long time.

Hope your little guy recovers soon! I know I'd be very sad if my little golden dwarf moray was in a similar condition.

yeah im going to get some more food tomorrow and do as you said hope she is better by morning maybe she just has a tummy ache

Jgilley84 - Everytime you ask the membership for help, you should rethink your stance on these statements.

jgilley84;256583 wrote: i dont think i will become a member
jgilley84;256583 wrote: im glad i have not paid yet

You're getting a lot of help from paid memebers on this thread.

the board does not cost anything. i said that bc of things i have read about members that have paid and not been happy. but did that really have anything to do with what i ask in the op????

see this is where you are wrong i never once bashed paid members i just said im not going to become one so plz keep this out of my post
and this post was about my sick eel and getting help for her not to talk about me not being a paid member or not if you or any one else want to talk about this start a new thread or pm me. i post in a open fourm that is open to anyone who wants to use it so plz if what you say has nothing to do with what the op says stay out

DannyBradley;257665 wrote: Jgilley84 - Everytime you ask the membership for help, you should rethink your stance on these statements.

You're getting a lot of help from paid memebers on this thread.

ok for one i ask in a open fourm not just paid members tio help me i ask for anyone to help me not to bring up other stuff in my thread so thanks for doing that

Back