Emergency QT Tank

tcampbell23;1071333 wrote: No. I've read that unless it's a HUGE UV then they do little good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you read that at? A properly sized uv does not have to be huge . There is a sticky in regards properly sizing them in the reef discussion forum.

tcampbell23;1071333 wrote: No. I've read that unless it's a HUGE UV then they do little good?

Where did you read that at? What was the definition of huge?

If you decide to go with an UV there is a really good sticky in the reef discussion forum that will help you size one. So your total water volume around 100 to 125 ?

grouper therapy;1071717 wrote: If you decide to go with an UV there is a really good sticky in the reef discussion forum that will help you size one. So your total water volume around 100 to 125 ?

Okay. Yes my total volume to my knowledge is right at about 100G

The reason I ask is that I have a 15 watt aqua uv you are welcome to try out for a while and see if you like them. If you decide you want one you can buy it or another one if you like. That way you are not out anything if you don't want one.

grouper therapy;1071741 wrote: The reason I ask is that I have a 15 watt aqua uv you are welcome to try out for a while and see if you like them. If you decide you want one you can buy it or another one if you like. That way you are not out anything if you don't want one.

Sure. I'd really appreciate that. I'll PM you shortly.

You know, I've added fish before and seen a spot or two, but as long as the fish responds to eating, they seem to go away on their own. Not sure if it's ich or not, but I wouldn't freak out and panic so quickly.

civics14;1071746 wrote: You know, I've added fish before and seen a spot or two, but as long as the fish responds to eating, they seem to go away on their own. Not sure if it's ich or not, but I wouldn't freak out and panic so quickly.

He seems to be doing fine and I haven't seen anymore spots since

Back