Ever just sick of things?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Yea, so I'm at one of those places where I'm just sick of what's going on in my tank. I don't want to post pics, describe what's going on, or even rearrange things.
Ever get your parameters stable and it still isn't "happening"? I know it's just a phase, but I'm real close to doing softies and forgetting this sps nonsense.
There.
I vented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been there but I just step back a bit, sometimes a week or two. Then BAM it all falls back into place and sucks me back in.

Yup. I lost 95% of my SPS and I'm going back to Lps and softies. Every time I see a SPS picture it almost drags me back but for now I'm going to get it right with what I have before adding more corals

SnowManSnow;1103118 wrote: Yea, so I'm at one of those places where I'm just sick of what's going on in my tank. I don't want to post pics, describe what's going on, or even rearrange things.
Ever get your parameters stable and it still isn't "happening"? I know it's just a phase, but I'm real close to doing softies and forgetting this sps nonsense.
There.
I vented.

Brandon, it could be worse. My tank after the move is still not running full throttle. No sump ,no skimmer. Temporary pumps, half lighting. No controller. Im almost ready for just fish . I'm hanging on by a thread.

I have literally pulled the plug and let everything finish dying and let the water evaporated down to salt.

So yah. Been there.

Good luck buddy, have faith.

yea man, the 40 is covered in gha from me being sick of it lol. gonna try to get back on top of it soon. maybe thatll be my new years project.

If parameters are perfect, lightning is good, all you need now is patience!

What does your tank look like? I don't think i've seen it

xilez;1103175 wrote: If parameters are perfect, lightning is good, all you need now is patience!

What does your tank look like? I don't think i've seen it

Yup. You'd think haha.
It's crazy that sometimes everything can be in line, or so you THINK.
Good advice though.

Hope I didn't discourage anyone by this thread. I'll be back on my feet asap I'm sure. Just in a slump right now. If the last 12 years in reefing has taught me anything it's that slumps don't last forever.

xilez;1103189 wrote: Post a full tank picture so I can "oooooh" and ""ahhhhhhh"

No ooohs and ahhhhs here

Hard job Brandon, and I still remember your 120 full of sps growing like weed out of the water. Couldn't almost believe it coming from you. Hopefully your tank will steer in the right direction, I know you're persistent and you have done it before, I know you've been through different lightning setups and hope you do an amazing tank again.

To be completely honest. If my system wasnt 80% automated, I would have given up after the first year. This hobby is so tough to mantain such high parameters and I have wanted to throw in the towel on many occasions. The one thing that keeps me going in this hobby is knowing that I can grow expert level species (well some lol). I haven't accomplished what you have Brandon. But, I will soon. :)

joseayes;1103222 wrote: Hard job Brandon, and I still remember your 120 full of sps growing like weed out of the water. Couldn't almost believe it coming from you. Hopefully your tank will steer in the right direction, I know you're persistent and you have done it before, I know you've been through different lightning setups and hope you do an amazing tank again.

Thanks man. Haha those were the glory days haha.
I'm back down there tonight. Gonna get a handle on this stuff.

Here's a few pics of some that ARE doing ok...
ea895b8b9f2707363844a507f98f229c.jpg
alt="" />

Back