Fans and Moonlight - Cheap n Easy

Curious if anyone has an opinion on if it's better to have the fans suck cool air into the hood (by having them face inward) or have them blow the hot air out (by having them face outward).

Anyone?

About the fans, I can tell DO NOT put one blowing in and one blowing out. I see too many people telling others to do that and it is a mistake. Two fans (one blowing in and one blowing out) is basically like having one fan.

I set my fans up to blow in since I have an open back. I think a really good setup is to have your fans blow in and open vent holes in the top back or on top of the canopy for heat to escape. You will get a good amount of cooler air coming in and a great place for heat to escape. If your fans are near the top of the cabinet, you could exhaust out effectively though. The answer really depends on where your air is coming in at and where you will be exhausting air out, but in most setups air coming in is better since it is cooler.

Check out this site for some really cheap LED Moonlights. I bought two of the 3 LED fixtures and one of the AC/DC Power plug adapters. I went with Blue and I just leave them on 24/7
a>

Back