93g Build. Need suggestions and tips

ghbrewer;1083243 wrote: Yeah, they pop up on the forum from time to time. You can usually find the older generation photon 32 for around $200-250. Lots of people run them.
I might have to hold out for that.

Part of the reason I thought about ruining the return on the outside. Run both inside the overflow with durso maybe. I do have one hydor for it currently.

Mystery_me;1083246 wrote: I have a 93 cube.

I'm running one radion gen 30 pro 30. With 120 degree lenses. Only rampig whites to 27 percent. Covers great

Also only have a 900 gallon per hour return pump. Anything over that was too much. I have flow issues so find a way to get a few power heads or mp10s hidden in back corners

Skimmer, cheaper LED and a Jecod 8000 will be here before the weekend. I really didn't want to use the mag 7. Hopefully this weekend, then I'll be able to get it plumbed and started cycling. I may not have all of the LR.

I'd like sand suggestions. The sand in my 5g is REALLY fine and powdery. I feel like it's going to be a nightmare to clean. I don't think i want an inch of sand but I do want some. Open to suggestions on quantity as well.

I decided I'm going to try out a herbie... so that I can possibly use the emergency overflow durso style and have additional flow... depending on how loud it is. I'm going to plumb the return outside to two lock lines in the intended locations. Going to see how much flow and circulation I can get with just the return pump.

After messing with trying to plumb the return on the outside I decided to go back to a normal durso. I got an eshopps 200 skimmer, cheap jbj LED and a DCT 8000 return pump. I plumbed a release valve on the return so that in case I can't get the right flow out of the pump settings I can fine tune with the valve to reduce noise from the overflow... or to run some other equipment at some point. Should be adding the rest of the rock this week.

20160508_082350_zps7cuiztak.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20160508_201617_zpsegruodgp.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20160508_201640_zps6u4ckjig.jpg
alt="" /></a>

You can see that my mother's day weekend had another project I was working on.

Two weeks of curing rock and it's already nearly cycled. Very little ammonia and nitrates climbing.

I started doing some rock work. ..... trying to chisel some caves out of big pieces of pukani. .. broke them. .. turns out my wife is an excellent pukani chiseler!

Back