February Frags...how are they doing?

stroid

Market
Reaction score
Just curious how everyones frags are doing. I went with the Pokerstar and a pavona orange. Not to sound like a complainer but both my corals were completely dead. When I got home I opened the container and saw a nice frag of white dead coral. I kept some hope thinking maybe some miracle will happen and they will come back...not so much. Kinda disappointing...curious to see how everyone else's corals are doing. Also why would the coral baggers put a dead frag in the cup. I mean if you would have seen the way these looked then you would have clearly known they were dead. I didnt complain or say anything at the meeting because there was like 200 people trying to get there corals as well. Although the left over GSP is doing great!!!!:roll:

I got the green pavona and although it's pretty pale, it seems to be doing pretty good.

My pokerstar was almost dead as well. it is super bleached, but it has some polyps still extending. I have been feeding the tank with phycopure which has zooanthelae(sp?) in it supposedly. We will have to wait and see.

Stroid;139996 wrote: Also why would the coral baggers put a dead frag in the cup.

FYI--The 'coral baggers' didn't put anything in the cup...Phil was dropping frags in the cup and the 'baggers' were capping & stacking 'em....

That said I got a green pavona and that's only got the faintest hint 'o green.....

well im glad others are doing well...I still have mine in the tank hoping something will happen. Ive seen crazier **** happen before...my eyes could be bad but it looks pretty dead.

Geehh;140005 wrote: The 'coral baggers' didn't put anything in the cup...Phil was dropping frags in the cup and the 'baggers' were capping & stacking 'em....
I wasnt trying to imply anything negative. I know last year I was helping bag standing next to Big D so I assumed they did it again this year. I aint mad at anybody just curious :up:

Could have sworn I heard someone say "make sure this cup goes to Stroid"......

My duncan still has yet to open fully but the tank he has been in has been trough some major changes here recently. I am still hoping that he pulls through. That is the only frag that I got though.

I was able to get some eagle eye zoas, brain,and gsp, all doing well :) brain looks a little rough, but still alive! :)

Speaking of which...did anyone by chance find my drug test sample?

Mine is pretty bleached...I hope it makes it but not looking to good.

My frag from Slayer is doing great though.

Linda Lee;140011 wrote: Could have sworn I heard someone say "make sure this cup goes to Stroid"......

My super monti looks bad as does the brain...Do not think either of them will make it...still hoping.

Joe

My Superman is really bleached w/no polyp extensions, but the zoas/palys I got from Mark more than make up for it.

i would never give up on a monti. i had a wild superman frag that i thought was dead for about a month, but then one day it started opening up again.

The Zoas I picked up look great. Have 4-5 out every day. The leather I picked up fell off the rock and can't be found. Anyway, I think they Zoas will do fine.

It may have died in the cup enroute to your house. I'm sure it was alive when it was placed in the cup. I mean it was just freshly cut afterall. **** happens though and some corals are going to die, especially when they are that small :).

If yours doesn't make it you can have a frag of my mother colony.

The stuff I got from Jin is doing great. But the duncan won't fully open. Hope it does good. They are fast growers from what I've read.

Jimmie

Back