filling tank

Ringo®;942377 wrote: Is the water already in the tank? You can mix in tank for the initial setup. Having rock and sand in it already makes it a bit more of a pain. Once anything living makes its way into the tank, it's a big no no.

+1 if its an empty tank than mix away. ive done that a couple times in the past with no problems. but on my very first tank i made the mistake of mixing in tank after sand was already there and had salinity problems for a couple weeks. i tried stirring it but that just put the salt deeper into the sand and made things worse.

Xyzpdq0121;942175 wrote: Been doing it for 20 years as well.. Never know that was the norm! I must not have been advanced back then! But then again, there was a lot of things we did 20 years ago that we have found out that it was a bad idea! Do we REALLY need to list all the reasons why dumping salt into a tank with rock and sand in it would be a bad idea?
Nope YOU don't , but you could list all the reasons you felt the need to be condescending especially when it is obvious you did not read Eric's post carefully.

I just ended up mixing the salt outside the tank and pumping it into the aquarium it's cycling now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back