FINALLY!!! - My 90 is set up!!

Jgoal55;289880 wrote: On another note, the T5 endcaps were snapping into the standoffs very well. They snapped in fine before I drilled them to the canopy so Im guessing that I may just need to get some rubber washers/ spacers. Has anybody experienced that here? I loosened the standoffs as much as I could but still no good snap.

sorry guys, needed this question above answered too. any ideas?

are you going to do the acrylic cover? With all the open space in the canopy, I'd just have those fans blowing in. The more direct air on the bulbs would be better.

OH SNAP! lol, sorry I had to. Not really sure what you're saying....guess not having T5's kinda hinders me from answering this one.

lol..wow. That was worse than any joke I've ever made.

I think I am going to do an acrylic cover eventually. I guess I'll just do both fans in but then wont they just be blowing around hot air?

Also, will a regular sheet of acrylic from HD work? or is there a thinner type of acrylic that works better?

Is the back open or is it a solid canopy? If there is an opening, then no it wont be blowing around hot air.

It has about a 6 inch opening in the back. so i guess thats good. but i guess i meant more along the lines of it wont be "extracting" hot air either

Air will always find a way out if there is one....esp if there is a 6" opening. If there is no acrylic cover, it's better to have the fans push air in.....if they are sucking out, it will suck some salty air and over time that will wear on the mechanical parts of the fans. Once you get that acrylic, you can send me some better pics of your canopy and we can talk about active cooling if you want to go that route. Then we'll switch your fans pulling air out instead of blowing it in. Unless you don't care to do that.

Hey guys,

here is a link to my site were there are pics of both my old set up and this new one. More pics to come and hopefully once I get the canopy up, better pics too.

Thanks for all your help.

90_Gallon_Start_Up.html

Back