Finding Screw In household CF light

ouling

Market
Reaction score
When I was in korea they had these screw in CF lights use on household current, looks to be 6500+k heat rating. I've actually been to this asian girls house (sorry forgot name and user id :( ) And she had one pointing at her refugium. These are just normal home use type bulbs that we call have but just higher heat rating.

Do you know where I can find it?

Wal Mart. They sell ones like these:

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3732&d=1183995188" alt="" />

In 2 packs for $7 or so. Home Depot and Lowes have them too, but they're more expensive.

You can mail order ones with internal reflectors.

ok thats very good. Thanks, I think I saw 8000k as heat. You have just saved me $30 on CF fixture. +1

Also, for about $9 Home Depot (not Lowes) has cheap branded recessed lighting trim kits that have a really nice polished reflector inside them that can be extracted and used with the Wal-Mart bulbs for outstanding lighting. I changed out my clamp-on utility lamp reflectors for those and the light goes to the bottom of a 25g refugium (approx 19" depth) no problem.

Check these out. I bought the 5000K screw in bulb with the built in reflector, then I just bought one of the clamp on work lights from Home depot for $5, and I was able to remove the metal reflector which cuts down on the heat from the bulb.

a>

alright tank folks. because my refugium is going into the garage instead of next to the tank so I cannot just use my 800w to light it anymore.

Back