First fish for first reef tank

MiggidyMike

Supporting
Reaction score
Ok, this is for the more experienced Reefer. So, if you guys are staring your dream tank. Your tank is cycled. You have all the money in the world. What would be y’all very first fish you would add in the tank?

Haha you are suppose to say the type of clown haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, all these fish are cool and I did not know of them except The school of yellow/ purple tang. I guess would work if it’s a ginormous tank haha I’m still looking around for my first fish I would choose if it was my dream tank.
Anyone else have any fish they would like to throw in for new members to consider or dream for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is important for newcomers to understand that using live fish is no longer necessary to cycle tanks, there are numerous other and better ways including bottled bacteria from many different companies, or using non-live ammonia sources. I feel submitting live fish to the toxic levels of ammonia and nitrites during a cycle is highly irresponsible.

Definitely an Ocellaris clownfish. If the tank is large enough, maybe a pair. Of the various designers, my favorite has always been the Davinci, but they are all beautiful, hardy, and full of personality.

A clown or two. I prefer the inexpensive captive breed Ocellaris or Percula species. I would take one of these species over any other clowns, even if I had all the money I ever needed to live a “high life”.
- wannabee

I would try to make a list of fish I was planning on adding and sort it on aggression and hardiness and add the least aggressive hardy fish first.

If we're just playing what are your dream fish...Chevron and/or Gem Tangs are two of my favorites.

Back