Fish nutrition

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
@ActiveAngel Im thinking this might be in your wheelhouse but whomever wants to give suggestions I’m all ears!

I have a purple pseudochromis in copper power right now at therapeutic level. Also treated with PraziPro for suspected skin flukes. It’s face is looking somewhat better but I was wondering if I should be adding anything to the water to help build him/her up and help with the healing process. Also has been a little pale but is definitely feeling much better. Very active now (was extremely lethargic) and eating everything it’s fed.
Perhaps we are already doing enough. I know that both our home made food and the pellets have garlic added. Anything else?

Pictures in the reef tank are before treatment, and pictures in the QT, where he will remain for at least 30 days or until completely healed are more current. Hard to get good pics because my red phone scares him and he’s back to his active swimming.
57AA5D40-2C15-4C23-96D9-0EB3D877A077.jpeg403870FD-C7C2-4A65-B780-7A5206E9BE00.jpeg57D57CCC-4226-4B27-AE85-23D5092E958C.jpeg9DC1C158-9072-43D0-B636-C6B7B5C09609.jpeg2C9754E3-493D-496D-840D-587C36D6A2EF.jpegF49883E8-47B8-4DD2-A842-0CB5C93751A6.jpeg

Are you feeding any dry pellets? A lot of the dry food has a lot of added vitamins. I use to feed all frozen in my previous tank, then I added pellets into their diet and they all got fatter and healthier looking. Just my personal experience.

Also, to add, I even soaked my frozen in Selcon and didn't see much difference.

For dry pellets, my go to is NLS. I mix these into my auto feeder: MarineFish, AlgaeMax, Thera+A, & ProBiotix.

My husband feeds them the food we made months ago in the morning and along with the several different types of seafood in there plus pelleted foods (I use Cobalt Ultra Marine Pellets) Algae’s, garlic, probiotics, probiotics, dried seaweed.
Then late afternoon, early evening I feed just the pellets

My husband feeds them the food we made months ago in the morning and along with the several different types of seafood in there plus pelleted foods (I use Cobalt Ultra Marine Pellets) Algae’s, garlic, probiotics, probiotics, dried seaweed.
Then late afternoon, early evening I feed just the pellets
Oh yeah, I think you're doing plenty. It's just time and you can't rush that. Glad things are on the ups tho!

Thanks. I just got a blue green chromis into the copper. He’s been sick longer than the purple one but never would go near the trap. Got bad enough my husband was able to catch him with the net but he’s not doing well at all. Not sure if the copper is stressing it out or it’s just too late. All the other fish seem to be doing fine, right now. Treating DT with PraziPro right now so hopefully this will be the end of the mystery disease picking off fish one at a time. Even Jay Hemdal, the fish disease guru on R2R is perplexed so a noob like me is totally at a loss.

Hmm. Prazi is great for all types of worms, even internal. But I know you can do a short freshwater bath (maybe a few minutes) to quickly get rid of skin and fill flukes, for future reference.

But no need to do that if you’re already doing Prazi. Prazi is slower, but more thorough, less stressful, and much safer.

Back