Frag Tank

WILLIAM1;197269 wrote: If I decide to upgrade it will be 1 pump running both the closed loop and the sump return. I run a mag12 externally on my 90 with not 1 problem. We will have to see what happens. I did a small test run with some fresh water and everything went good. Im so ezcited I wish it was already done.

I too run mag externally, but every time I have to clean them, they typically leak. I have to really clean them well, and even after that they leak a little. The salt creep eventually plugs them up. Nonetheless, I wouldnt use one, but it will work.

How are you having a closed loop and sump return on one pump? Thats just a sump return, right?

Duh I guess it would just be 3 returns from the sump Im eating my words.

So here are some more updated pics for everyone. Just got the trim on the stand and some stain. I still need to do another coat but it looks great. I never really did trim work so its new to me but looks great.
cimg2270is9.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2271aa6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2272dk6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2273dm8.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2277pw4.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2276do3.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Im am so close to finishing this tank I cant wait to see how it all looks when its done. Just a few more things and to finish the canopy. WOOT WOOT

Thats man its coming along slow but sure. It will get finished as the money rolls in. I have to start the canopy still so there still some work to do.

My wife liked it too. So its 1 step close to being in the house:blush: I just start to break her in on the idea today after she said the stian is so nice the color is so rich. HAHA

Ok so its been a little while since I last updated my frag tank build. I am starting to think about an all SPS tank with a few zoas. But we will cross that road shortly. I havent had much time or extra cash to do much, but heres the lastest on the canopy build. I finally got some sides on the canopy and then went to put the trim on (that I precut when I did the stand). HA HA HA to my suprise there all about 1/2 to long. I have to pick back up the saw and trim them all down.

So that was close to the end of the build, I did a little killz painting set the reflector in place. Thats right boys and girls 400 whats of pure MH power whooooohaaaa. Sorry sorry I get excited just thinking about it. here we go.
cimg28400377ce6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg28410378fm5.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg28420379zb9.jpg
alt="" /></a>
First coat of killz
cimg28430380sj0.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg28440381qf7.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg28450382ci6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg28460383ue7.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg28470384qz9.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Niiiice man....just make sure you acclimate your corals properly to that lighting....it's intense!

I am going to build a small 6" riser for the canopy and drop it down slowly over a couple months I will use a screen folded up to help with any acclimation. Hopefully next week I will have the top complete and just have to do the door for the stand and canopy. Then some electrical work, fans leds, ect........

Not to much to update everyone with, but heres a couple new pics. I got the stain on the canopy just need to get the trim on soon. Fired up the light today and let the 400 watt reflux warm up a little see what it looked like. Now Im gonna start collecting the plumbing parts, salt, sump. Hopefully after X-mas I can get this thing running and cycled.

After its up and running the 90 gallon going to come down for a makeover, stand, canopy, lights, something a little more well thought out. I have a ton of ideas and just have to find some time.
cimg29880439mu3.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg29850436rd1.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg29860437bw1.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg29840435nh9.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Powerful light! You could lower that just a little and use it as a 400W UV sterilizer.. Ha

Looks really good though.

Looks good Will. If you ever want to part wth some of those rubbermaid tubs let me know. You available Sat for that item?

oceanreefer124;259858 wrote: Looks good Will. If you ever want to part wth some of those rubbermaid tubs let me know. You available Sat for that item?

LOL on the tubs I have about 200 stacked up in my garage from our move. That honestly was the easiest way to pack all of our stuff. I saved so much room in the uhaul truck just enough for the fish tank and all the buckets of LR.

Ok here are the updated pics to the last of the frag tank build. Just finished the door and trim and it still needs one more coat of stain. The grate cage inside the tank is for the closed loop system that pulls water from the bottom of the tank and shoots it back up thru a Squid for the back and forth water flow. Im going to have the rock on top of the grate so I wanted there to be nice flow. Now I just need to set this up so I can break down my 90.... Got to make room for the new one...
dscn33270716ji2.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn33280717ni1.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn33340723jr1.jpg
alt="" /></a>
dscn33380727yv4.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Heres a pic of the sump fits perfect so there wont be any bowing from the water in the tub. There will be an in sump skimmer on this tank.

dscn33310720uz3.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Back