Fuel vs Acropower

Kirkwood;951909 wrote: Recommended dosing by manufacturer:
AcroPower - 5ml/25gal 1 x week
Fuel - 10ml/40gal 2 x week

So that equates to 0.2ml/gal/week of AP and 0.5ml/gal/week of Fuel. Pretty big difference for products that cost about the same and claim to do the same thing.

If they are same that speaks more for the subjective opinion of the manufacturer more than anything. As such makes me a little leary on how much of this is just a flat out guess.

My understanding is AP is just aminos. Fuel is a whole cocktail of different stuff. Probably explains the difference in dosing.

Ringo®;951911 wrote: My understanding is AP is just aminos. Fuel is a whole cocktail of different stuff. Probably explains the difference in dosing.

And the difference in color/odor. Fuel is a "comprehensive carbohydrate, vitamin, amino acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid supplement for corals"

"ascorbic acid in a base of chlorella"

Acropower is:

"Amino acid formula for marine reef aquariums with SPS corals"

"Provides amino acids vital for coral health in closed system aquariums"

Ringo®;951911 wrote: My understanding is AP is just aminos. Fuel is a whole cocktail of different stuff. Probably explains the difference in dosing.

I honestly wouldn't know, I've never used either and as such never researched.

DawgFace;951910 wrote: If they are same that speaks more for the subjective opinion of the manufacturer more than anything. As such makes me a little leary on how much of this is just a flat out guess.

well the products are very different to the naked eye as was discussed earlier in the thread. I wouldn't discount the possibility that AP has a higher concentration of amino acids whereas Fuel may have more Vitamin C supplementation? There is a reason why Fuel is neon yellow and smells like vitamins while AP is clear and scentless.

of course I think most would recommend to start dosing Fuel at about 25% of the recommended level. I've been dosing Fuel for almost 1 year and am currently dosing 1ml/gal/week.

we are on the same page... I'm going to be switching to AP in the coming weeks after using Fuel for a year... I'm just trying to refine the dosage I plan to start with the AP so as to ensure that I continue dosing roughly the same amount of aminos daily. I will probably start AP at about the 0.2-0.4ml/gal/week range.

Oz;951930 wrote: Where are the before and after pictures?

I will do some before and after pics when I make the switch from Fuel to AP. Any pics I have now just wouldn't be fair to attribute to amino dosing because there have been too many other variables in my system.

Back