Full Spectrum Arduino LED Build

Anyone know of someone that can precision cut acrylic?

It's been a while, but I think that Giuliano reached out to MRC for one of his projects, may be worth a shot to see if that panned out. They are not local but then again not much is around here.

A while back there was a sign shop up here that had a CNC machine they said they could some stuff
member.php

Ha! Well, two years later and I'm still not done with this.

I did take it out of the boxes they've been packed in for more than a year and set it up.

I have some strings on Array #1 that need issues worked out, but all strings on Array #2 work fine.

I did run across something interesting, or frightening, depending on how you look at it. I brushed the power supply, which made contact with one of the heat sinks. In doing so, one string and several odd LEDs turned on.

I got my multimeter out and dropped the contacts on the heatsink - no voltage. When one contact is on the heatsink, and the other is on the power supply housing, I'm getting around 35v. Any thoughts on why this is occurring? This happens with both arrays.

I'm rather motivated to get this project moving forward. I now have a dedicated space where I can leave it out when I'm not working at and not get dirty looks from the wife. It also allows me a better idea of what I was thinking when I stopped working on it - it took me almost three hours to get it to work tonight because I had to try to remember what I was doing with it a few years back.

I'm gonna have to relearn all the Arduino stuff as well, since I haven't found another suitable controller that's relatively PnP for my purposes.

Hopefully the revival of this thread is as inspiring to someone else as it is to me.

Back