Getting Mg, Alk and Ca fluctuations under control

My ph graph on my Apex shows several ph spikes per day. Some up to 8.35. I believe that those are from when the apex takes an ph reading shortly after or while the ato is on... Which means that it's still got the ph effect.

"Kalkwasser loses its effectiveness for altering ph and calcium/carbonate quickly and often this approach does little"

I don't know, I've never used it but I've read that in several places.

My eventual plan is to have a calcium reactor and everything I'm doing now is a bandaid until I get to that point. It's also giving me hands on experience maintaining and learning the system with a lesser chance of making a big mistake.

BRS mentioned not to try to keep re-mixing it when some falls out. I read a few other places before I decided and I didn't see that part.

I don't want a calcium reactor. I'll try 2 part next year if I can't get this figured out.

I just watched BRS's new video from today. It suggests that when you move your ph from 7.8-8.0 to 8.2-8.35 in their case, CA and Alk dosing had to be changed dramatically. I wonder if the new weather and open windows over the fall boosted my ph high enough to dramatically increase the kalkwasser necessary for the consumption.

watch

Back