Giving Nualgi a try

i too, am giving it a try in my 20 gallon nano. with liverock and sand as the only fitrations, other than my occasion water changes

Well if you see that this doesn't work. Look into Vitamin C dosing.

Here is a link for it:

showthread.php

I used it and lets say all/majority of the nuisance algae was gone within 2 weeks

Fourth dose is in the tank, videos can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueRoomAquarium">http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueRoomAquarium</a>

Diatom bloom continues, getting slightly worse, but not terrible. The claim is that the diatoms will feed zooplanktin (and some other things) which will be consumed as live food by corals, fish, etc.

Other than seeing more diatoms, no other measurable or subjective observations to report.

jrosenblum;953832 wrote: Fourth dose is in the tank, videos can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueRoomAquarium">http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueRoomAquarium</a>

Diatom bloom continues, getting slightly worse, but not terrible. The claim is that the diatoms will feed zooplanktin (and some other things) which will be consumed as live food by corals, fish, etc.

Other than seeing more diatoms, no other measurable or subjective observations to report.[/QUOTE]
Have you noticed clearer water? or better Polyp extension (assuming you have SPS)?

gregoryleonard;953950 wrote: Have you noticed clearer water? or better Polyp extension (assuming you have SPS)?

I do have SPS, and I have not noticed clearer water nor better polyp extension

I've been testing out nualgi in my 60 gallon that has a hair algae problem. Been dosing for 2-3 weeks now. I left for vacation last Wednesday and got back yesterday. I was amazed to see that one of the coral cups that was covered in hair algae now has more than 50% of the algae gone. The cup was spotless with no hair algae on the clean areas. Will post a pic win the lights turn on.

Pic
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
954261=53640-image.jpg
>
954261=53640-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

fifth dose in the tank. Diatom bloom continues. I can't say that I'm loving this, but other than the Diatoms, nothing to report. Video at
a>

I just submitted the following question to NuAlgi. I will post their answer, should I get one.

It seems to me that the claims are that through the use of NuAlgi

1) Beneficial Diatoms will appear/thrive

2) Those diatoms will out-compete less good diatoms as well as out-compete algae

3) The diatom will be eaten directly by fish and coral and other critters – like Zooplankin, etc. – which will be in turn eaten by corals and fish.

4) Because of #3 above, one can (and probably should) reduce feeding

5) By reducing feeding, one reduces excess nutrients which helps curb the Diatom bloom

My question is will *all* fish eat either diatoms or the things that diatoms eat? In other words, can I safely reduce feeding of Tang’s, Clown fish, Wrasses, Bassets, etc.

To be very clear, I am asking is it true in all cases that fish and corals will be fed by Diatoms or those things that eat diatoms that are also present in the home aquarium? If the answer is yes, how do you know?

My main question to Nualgi is why are you wasting your time trying to get Reefer dollars when if your product is the answer to Global Warming, as you claim, why aren't you remediating the Earth's polluted oceans and bodies of fresh water, making billions of dollars off of Government contracts?

And also, if your claim that your product is the solution to Global Warming, and this is not true, then why should I believe any other claim you make for your product, including everything you state about all the positive things it does for a reef tank?

If they lie about the above Global Warming claim, then, IMO, it invalidates any and all other claims they make about the product.

Acroholic;955450 wrote: My main question to Nualgi is why are you wasting your time trying to get Reefer dollars when if your product is the answer to Global Warming, as you claim, why aren't you remediating the Earth's polluted oceans and bodies of fresh water, making billions of dollars off of Government contracts?

And also, if your claim that your product is the solution to Global Warming, and this is not true, then why should I believe any other claim you make for your product, including everything you state about all the positive things it does for a reef tank?

If they lie about the above Global Warming claim, then, IMO, it invalidates any and all other claims they make about the product.

You said it not me! =)

Their answer to my question:

Nualgi creates a diatom bloom for 2-3 hours after dosing. The diatoms produced are of a species that are readily consumed by zooplankton. Zooplankton are universally consumed by fish and coral as live food. You can reduce feeding over time but nothing should be changed abruptly. As long as you have livestock in your tank, you will have some nutrients for Nualgi to cause the diatom bloom. Once you are sufficiently experienced in using Nualgi, you can start to tinker with its dosage to keep your tank balanced.
</em>

jrosenblum;955443 wrote: I just submitted the following question to NuAlgi. I will post their answer, should I get one.

It seems to me that the claims are that through the use of NuAlgi

1) Beneficial Diatoms will appear/thrive

2) Those diatoms will out-compete less good diatoms as well as out-compete algae

3) The diatom will be eaten directly by fish and coral and other critters – like Zooplankin, etc. – which will be in turn eaten by corals and fish.

4) Because of #3 above, one can (and probably should) reduce feeding

5) By reducing feeding, one reduces excess nutrients which helps curb the Diatom bloom

My question is will *all* fish eat either diatoms or the things that diatoms eat? In other words, can I safely reduce feeding of Tang’s, Clown fish, Wrasses, Bassets, etc.

To be very clear, I am asking is it true in all cases that fish and corals will be fed by Diatoms or those things that eat diatoms that are also present in the home aquarium? If the answer is yes, how do you know?

We have an ARC Member that is participating in a thread on R2R who raves about the stuff. You might PM him about his experience. Post #416 in the below thread.

a>

Back