Glass Tank Scratches

izib

Market
Reaction score
I have a 90gal AGA tank thats been up and running for about 3 months now. I moved everything over from another tank that had a major aglea issue due to being neglected. The algea is slowly going away, however the tank is still requiring a lot of cleaning. Ive purchased all new glass cleaning supplies (a sponge, Kent pro scrapers (I use the ones for acrylic), and an algea magnet. Ive made it a point to not clean anything towards the bottom of the tank so that I dont get sand in any of the cleaning stuff.

Last night I noticed some very fine scratches in the corners of the tank. They are to the point that you have to look at a certain angle to see them and with the actinic lights on you cant see them.

Is there any way to remove these with water in the tank?
Any idea what would have done it? Im leading towards the sponge since its the only thing thats only used in the corner.

I know Im probably freaking out over nothing but Im annoyed with the scratches already.

there is really no way to get scratches out of glass without extensive effort (and an empty tank).

Back