Goniopora

smoothie

Market
Reaction score
I was checking out a site specifically dedicated to the different species of goniopora and found some crazy stuff. Pictures of amphipods creaping out from under the coral and tearing off small pieces of the tissue and causing it to appear receided.
Seen it in other tanks after they have been in for a few months didn't know what they were doing wrong. Same thing happened to me after my mandarin passed. Goni started to go downhill 2 months later. Had it for a year, spot fed it and it always stayed happy. Next thing you know, splat! It's almost gone.
Pretty cool stuff I thought I would share with ya.

Interesting. Was the site goniopora.org?

BTW, I see you're in Valdosta. I grew up in Quitman (Brooks Co.). What, if any, LFS do you visit?

Yep that's the site.
I visit Exotic fish. They do a great job. Will not sell you anything unhealthy. You can of course pay for it just not take it home yet. They even loaded up some salt and buckets and went to my buddy's house to help when his tank crashed. Good business I thought.
That site has some cool things on it and hopefully it can help someone out considering their low survival rate.

Back