Got my rainy day fix today!

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank some fellow ARC members, Raj and Jin in particular for some great frags today. Got some great SPS's at a great price. I spent the day going there and a couple of LFS's-a great usuage of my rainy off day (IMO). Thanks as well to Darren, Barbara, and Jason (I believe-Kelloggreef) for last week's "fix" as well-! Everything is opening up and if I can get this Xenia under control, I will be in good shape!

That sounds like good stuff, do you have any specific names?

As for the xenia problem, give it to me!!! It doesn't grow in my tank. My regualar xenia died, my pom pom is doing well it just isn't growing though. What type do you have?

pom pom-I'll bring you some when we do the zoa trade-I'm so freakin' sick of mine that I was just ripping it off and throwing it in the toilet-I'll guess I'll have xenia in my septic tank growing now! lol

ericmcj31;254816 wrote: pom pom-I'll bring you some when we do the zoa trade-I'm so freakin' sick of mine that I was just ripping it off and throwing it in the toilet-I'll guess I'll have xenia in my septic tank growing now! lol
Cool. Can't wait to get those zoas. Are you going to help us frag?...I'm bringing my home-made sectrete recipe chocolate cupcakes!

todd03blown;254812 wrote: congrats!! What all did you get?

here are a few of the things-:

ORA miami orchid
ORA Nathans
Burgandy Mille
Yellowstone Mille
green slimer
blue tort
that's pretty much what I got from Raj-

Honestly, I can't remember the names of Jin's stuff-I'm HORRIBLE at names-I'm just like-oh that looks nice, give me a frag of it-haha

twistoflime;254819 wrote: Cool. Can't wait to get those zoas. Are you going to help us frag?...I'm bringing my home-made sectrete recipe chocolate cupcakes!

no, I can't, I've got prior commitments and I can't be away for 5+ hours that day (takes about 2 hours to get to fish scales)--so I'm gonna hook up with Chris like when he comes to airport of somewhere a little closer to my area-I'll give it to him or something-we'll get it to ya-(if I don't nuke it all first, haha)

Xenia is a pain in the backside, I can relate. I was peeling it off of my rock today as well. God forbid you drop a piece, even the smallest piece will find itself roots.

hell, mine's even fragging itself on the glass and stuff-honestly, I do love the way it looks, but have to get rid of it b/c of its weedy nature--it's been a real PITA lately

Considering the unique nature of your tank I think you should keep the xenia. Imo its serving as a nutrient scrub for your system since you run skimmerless. :)

It was a pleasure meeting you btw!

Could also toss some in your fuge. It will grow in there and like Jin said, servers a nutrient export.

He doesn't have a fuge... or a skimmer :). I think its the xenia that has been one of the keys to his success.

:lol2: Yea, that stuff grows crazy. I just trimmed mine and its almost time to trim it again. Stuff is never ending. :sad:

Back